Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When is Xtreme Toolkit Pro v.10.0 due ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is Xtreme Toolkit Pro v.10.0 due ?
    Posted: 23 March 2005 at 1:27am

Originally posted by Flamer Flamer wrote:

I have some good news. I received the following answer on  my message (send via Contact Support):

We have been very busy getting new product releases ready. We are scheduled to release the long awated v9.60 this weekend. After that we will be releasing v10 which will include several new features such as an appointment calendar and date picker control. This version should be ready by ther first week in March, sorry about the delays and we appreciate everone's patience.

Kind regards,
Kirk Stowell

P.S. I appreciate your offer to post a message on the forums, please feel free to pass this information along, thanks!

see this: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1549&P N=4&TPN=2

Now is 3-d week at March ...

Hi all !!! :-)))
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 2:05am

Originally posted by Razr Razr wrote:

See this: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1838

And this: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1116

Almost there...

Razr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 8:47am
Originally posted by gshawn gshawn wrote:

Originally posted by Razr Razr wrote:

See this: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1838

And this: http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1116

Almost there...

thanks

ICBM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 4:48pm
1st week April: CJ, are you guys still thinking early April ?
philippe5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 1:31am
Can't wait to see the Outlook like Calendar... WHat is taking so long ?
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 1:38am

Unfortunately there was another delay :(

Check http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2078

ICBM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICBM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by gshawn gshawn wrote:

Unfortunately there was another delay :(

Check http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2078

Indeed, now 'end of June'.

Razr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:51pm

WHAT IS THIS ???????????

Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 11:29pm

I don't see why anybody is relying on unreleased controls.  If Codejock did not have the features I want already available when I was ready to purchase, I would NOT have purchased!  Why do people, particullarly those who are programmers themselves and should understand that deadlines are nearly never made on time, delay their own products for a future control here?  If you need a feature now, either write it yourself, or buy from somebody else, or just wait until they release the next version.  Most past releases of Codejock have been "late" since people continue to request dates, and force them to guess at when it will be ready.  It all seems crazy to me.  I use what is available now, update when new versions come out, and never delay my own product for a certain Codejock release.  If there is a bug that is found and you need it fixed now, which has happened before, you can patch the source yourself! That is the major selling point of buying the MFC version here (sorry VB users, you should just learn MFC ).  Codejock has been very good about providing fixed to the MFC source for bugs before the official releases.

thodgson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thodgson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 11:59am

Originally posted by Ark42 Ark42 wrote:

I don't see why anybody is relying on unreleased controls. 

I have to agree.  As developers, we should be the first ones to know that release dates slip. 

Hasn't anyone heard of the term "vaporware"?  Everything is vaporware until proven otherwise with a release.

Tim H(http://www.ExclamationSoft.com)
Product: Xtreme Toolkit v13.1
Platform: Vista(x64)-SP1
Language: Visual C++ 6.0
Currently: Satisfied w/ Toolkit
zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 11:46pm

You are wise and I agree... But when someone (me) ask for a release date of a feature to make a decision to wait or buy from another vendor and the answer is a date ( given also a possible long delay)... that person (always me) makes a plan to release next version...

We are not talking about 2 or 3 weeks... we are talking about 6 mont (at least with present information).

So I still agree that reliability is more important than feature, but we assume that in a professional (payed) code reliability is the basic and we search for the feature we need.

I'm still an happy customer, but I've loosed 4 months and I need start searching for an alternative solution (maybe end of June become late August ?) and test other tools until next beta (late april ?) will show the real progress and cen help me to make a final decision regardless appointment control.

Davide

VS2008 SP1 - VS2010 SP1 - VS2012 - MFC MBCS Statically linked
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
---------------------------------------------------------
Davide Zaccanti - ZakSoft - www.zaksoft.com
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:25pm

It looks like there might be a 9.70 now ... http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2050&P N=1

Hmm.. I wonder what is making it in 9.70 and what is still off for 10.0 then?
Its probably a good move to have more frequent updates though, I think.
gshawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gshawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:24am
That is great news, thanks for the heads up. Although I am generally satisfied with the product, there have only been two minor updates in the entire first half of my 12-month update subscription, which I find very disappointing... That's only two minor updates in six full months (Oct04-Apr05). More frequent updates would indeed be very welcome.
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:46am
I think there was only 4 major releases in the first year I owned Codejock, but also 4 minor bugfix releases:
Purchased Nov 2003 (migrated from Infragistics who have much more bugs in their product, and wanted to force people to move to .NET only, which I simply can not do!  MFC is so much better!)
Renewed

It seems there is a pattern of people finding bugs shortly after each release and a 0.01 update or so is almost always released, but a major release every 3 months or so on average looks about right.
I guess they might be behind a little then, and only fit in 3 releases this year, but who knows, there could be a lot of releases post 10.0 to fix and enhance those new controls people are drooling over.

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 1:55am
Why always put pressure on Codejock to include new controls? 9.60 is a great library and it is worth the money I payed. I'm a very satisfied customer since August 2003 and I never had bug reports from my customers regarding the Toolkit library in my applications.
philippe5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philippe5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 12:28am

I bought this library in December because I expected new controls (Outlook Calendar) that were promised to me in January. What day is today ? so it is a good idea that users like us tell codejock what their expectations are.

Pressure & stress have never killed anyone, it is even the opposite, it makes your life longer !

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 11:48am
Hello all,

Xtreme Calendar Control v9.70 Release Candidate 1 (Calendar and DatePicker Controls) is now available via download at http://beta.codejock.com/.

Only customers who have a registered license for Xtreme Suite or Xtreme Toolkit Pro are eligible for participation.

If you are interested in becomming a beta tester for Codejock products please register [link] online with our beta site.

Enjoy 

Edited by SuperMario
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic