Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001
    Posted: 28 November 2011 at 12:09pm
I've started using CXTPCommandBars and related classes in an application and am receiving a lot of debug output complaining 'Warning: no message line prompt for ID 0xE001'. This happens mostly when the mouse is moved over the command bars.

The puzzling thing is that I do have a string resource for 0XE001 (57345 decimal). I can see it in my resource file. It is labelled AFX_IDS_IDLEMESSAGE and reads 'Ready'. However, in tracing through CFrameWnd::GetMessageString, MFC claims not to be able to find it.

This does not happen in the version of the program prior to the addition of the XTP command bars.

Regards,

William
whudson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whudson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 8:32am
I did eventually solve this. In my .rc file, most of my strings were UK English. I noticed that some string resource routines worried about language, so I changed my entire resource file to US English (just a few lines needed deleting). The problem went away.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic