Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speeding up Calendar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dexatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speeding up Calendar
    Posted: 12 November 2011 at 7:34am
Hi,

I am loading about 6000 appointments into the calendar using CreateEventEx (Some customers will have more entries than this)

My calendar is slowing to a crawl on a high performance i7 computer. (Codejock version 15.1.3)
It takes about 25 seconds to load the calendar and about 10 seconds to scroll between months in monthview.

Is there any way to speed up the calendar with many events?

Thanks for all your hard work, Greg!

Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2011 at 8:01am
Me too. I have found the interface sticks and locks up the user experience. This has only just started to happen in the last couple of months. 11151 events in the event table.
Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
belkaze View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belkaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2012 at 12:03am
Found the same problem, I believe it does not retrieve that many records efficiently. Gonna have to back up the data and start clearing the up the events table
Boris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 10:23am
belkaze. I now have over 20,000 records and it performs admirably proving you don't use Access+more than 5 users.  I have moved over to SQL Server Express and the difference is amazing. As SQLEX is free its a bit of a no brainer as long as you have the time to change a bit of your code around. Before I moved I found that the Access itself was beginning to groan a bit so it may not be down to the CJ control.
Boris

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.4.0 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

VS 2005-2008-2010-2013
belkaze View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belkaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 12:43am
Going to SQLEX is a better solution compared to MS Access in regards to efficiency and speed. But to those who stick with MS ACCESS will only have to options delete events or to upgrade the ACCESS to a RDBMS. SQLEX is free and the use of triggers allows further options in functionality at the back end e.g. reports
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic