Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xtpPaneThemeNativeWinXP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xtpPaneThemeNativeWinXP
    Posted: 05 March 2005 at 12:20am

The pushpins seem reversed (pushed when pane hidden, not pushed when pane docked/shown normally)

With the Olive XP theme, the non-focused pane's close button is blue, not green.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 10:38am

1. ...

2. We just call Theme routines to draw buttons... Strange.

people, do you have same problem?   I see it normal. WinXP sp2.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 11:17am

This is what I see, with WinXP (no SP, clean install)

The first pane is floating, and rolled up, the second pane is docked and has focus as well.
I suppose it could be a WinXP bug then.

Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 11:35am

Ok, the Olive theme problem is fixed in WinXP SP2 (didn't test SP1)
Here is from a WinXP SP2 box with the Microsoft Media Center Royale theme:

The pushpin graphics still seem reversed to me.

JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 11:39am
I see the same thing, and have sp2 installed.  I just assumed it was a idiosyncrasy of the theme...
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 11:42am
JamesH - what same thing do you see? The pushpins, or the non-focused close button on the olive theme?  The olive theme problem I show as fixed on WinXP Home SP2, but only showed up on WinXP Pro (no SP).

JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 12:49pm
Sorry, I should have specified I meant the pushpin....
Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:51pm
I made some changes in CXTPDockingPaneNativeXPTheme::DrawCaptionButton as follows:

if (pButton->GetID() == XTP_IDS_DOCKINGPANE_CLOSE)
        {
//            int nState = bActive? pButton->IsPressed()? EBHC_PRESSED: EBHC_HOT: EBHC_NORMAL;
            int nState = pButton->IsPressed()? EBHC_PRESSED: bActive || pButton->IsSelected()? EBHC_HOT: EBHC_NORMAL;
            m_themeExplorer.DrawThemeBackground(*pDC, EBP_HEADERCLOSE, nState, pButton->GetRect(), 0);
        }
        else
        {
//            int nState = bActive? pButton->IsPressed()? EBHP_PRESSED: pButton->IsSelected()? EBHP_HOT: EBHP_NORMAL: EBHP_NORMAL;
//            m_themeExplorer.DrawThemeBackground(*pDC, EBP_HEADERPIN, (pButton->GetState() & xtpPanePinPushed? 3: 0) + nState, pButton->GetRect(), 0);
            int nState = pButton->IsPressed()? EBHP_PRESSED: pButton->IsSelected()? EBHP_HOT: EBHP_NORMAL;
            m_themeExplorer.DrawThemeBackground(*pDC, EBP_HEADERPIN, (pButton->GetState() & xtpPanePinPushed? 0: 3) + nState, pButton->GetRect(), 0);
        }

For the close button, I don't think it should have to have focus to show the mouse-down effect when you are closing a non-focused pane.  I also added showing the Hot state when you hover over a non-focused pane, which is better than nothing, since the XP theme manger only has 3 states (normal, hot, pressed).  Microsoft should have put in 4 states (inactive, active, hot, pressed) like the main application's close button has.

For the pushpin button, again I don't think it should have to have focus to show the mouse-down effect, or the hover effect either. I also then reversed the effect of xtpPanePinPushed to use the "SELECTED" states when the pin is *not* pushed instead. It seems to draw properly that way I think.

Edited by Ark42
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 2:37am
We reversed it too. Thank you.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic