Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BUG] FooterRecords

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BUG] FooterRecords
    Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:19am
Hi,

*** EDIT *** This original post was resolved, however I have noticed another issue which can be viewed in the 11th reply to this post.

I don't believe that this is version specific but I have noticed that when I happen to resize the ReportControl will resize correctly however the FooterRecord doesn't always position itself correctly.

I can't seem to resolve this as the ReportControl is correctly resized, so I am unsure as to how I can reset the FooterRecord position. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please see the screenshots below:

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
Willowmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:01am
Did you try calling Redraw? Or FooterRow.Row(0).Ensurevisible.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3 (on VMWare)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 9:07am
Hi Willowmaster,

Thanks for the response but yeah I had already tried these and it didn't help resolve the issue.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 10:32am
Hi,

I was able to reproduce this in our sample. Happens when the horizontal scrollbar becomes visible. If you then resize the window again, the layout should be correct.

Instead of Redraw you can use the MoveWindow or SetWindowPos API function to cause a recalculation of the layout.

Andre

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 10:39am
Andre,

Which event would I be best to call one of the API's from? I have tried both of these API's and I am unsure where best to place them.

Do you have any sample code of how to best use this?
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 11:20am
I have tried using the MoveWindow,  SetWindowPos and even tried the RedrawWindow with no luck!

The ReportControl also has a .ReCalc method but this doesn't sdeem to work either.

I don't see how I can use the MoveWindow &  SetWindowPos API's as the Form is maximised within the MDI application. Therefore I can't recalculate the window.
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 6:11am
Andre,

If possible can this issue be resolved in the ReportControl component? I am finding that this is quite an annoyance for the users and also myself. In some cases this is happening on load of the Form and it would be useful if the ReportControl would correctly position the FooterRecord without myself or any other developer having to workaround this using API's.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 10:27am
Hi,

this will of course be fixed for the next release.

Andre

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 2:43am
Thanks Andre
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 4:05pm
Hi,

this has been fixed for the next release.

Andre

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 5:50pm
Nice one Andre,

Looking forward to the next release, so I can get the ball rolling on several of my projects.
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 4:57am
Although Andre has resolved the issue I was having in the first post (thanks again Andre) I have since discovered that this issue still exists but this time only when no scrollbars are present!

I have raised this with CJ Support and I am only issuing this so the forum members are aware. It's not a show stopper but it would be nice to have this issue resloved for any future release.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic