Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calendar and Resources Again !!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calendar and Resources Again !!
    Posted: 08 July 2011 at 11:21am
OK !

Try Again ..

Can someone please explain in plain English ( Not VB or other language samples ) how to implement resources using the codejock calendar. I have just about given up on this control the documentation is not clear enough.

Essentially I have several resources each with their own unique id and specific appointment times for a given day. I need to display a resource in each column and it appointments.

How do you go about doing this ..

Do I first create a resource manager object ?? or do I create the resource or schedules .. How do they all relate . What steps do I follow and how do they all link up .

The previous control I used to do this was very simple to use .. Surely this control is more comprehensive although it lacks clear documentation ..

Can someone please help ....

??
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2011 at 12:17pm
Hi, see if this clears things up:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16100
McKloony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKloony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 7:46am
resources in the CalendarControl means the "multi-resource" capabilitis of the control. Normaly you only have to add one Shedule Object after another, thats all. Every Shedule Object has its own propereis and so on. All Shedule Objects comes from the same resource (a ADO table of example). Only if you want to see Shedule Objects from different resources (kike Outlook multi resource view), you have to use multi-resource properties. And then indeed it is verry complicatet :-). Incidentally, I must agree with you, CodeJock it often much more complicated than other vendors. If you need detaild help to realize your project, let me know.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) 16.2.5

Platform: XP / Windows 7

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
cannones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2011 at 9:01pm
Yes thanks for this ...

The major downfall to codejock products is it's lack of good documentation .. The documentation should explain in plain English not code specific how the control works and if you want to do something then this is the way to do it .. They are very good controls ...

You will find that many more developers will adopt to their products if they took this approach.. At the end of the day the more complicated these controls are the clearer the documentation has to be ...

Sam
cannones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2011 at 11:56am
So getting back to my original post !!

I have followed the classes and teachers example on creating resources in a calendar. So were is the bit on creating an actual event for a specific resource and assigning it to the calendar.

Looking at the docs I can see that the event object does hold a schedule Id property. But how do I set the schedule id to be say the employee number of the resource ???

Sam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic