Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[BUG] Multi-Line Scroll Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [BUG] Multi-Line Scroll Issue
    Posted: 21 April 2011 at 9:15am
Hi,

I believe I have found a bug in the ReportControl when adding just one record that is multi-line.

If the ReportControl is smaller in height than the multi-line text being added to the ReportControl the vertical scrollbars do not appear! See the attached screenshot & sample project.

Am I missing something or is this indeed a bug?

uploads/2960/MultiLine_Bug.rar
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:16am
Looks like a bug - tried to find a workaround, but the only adding a dummy blank record record seems to do the trick (which is unacceptable). I recommend that you open a support ticket at https://support.codejock.com
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:20am
Thanks for the confirmation on this jpbro. I too tried to find a workaround, but as you said adding a blank record is unacceptable.

I opened a ticket as soon as this was posted, pointing CJ to this post. Hopefully it can be resolved for v15.0.3

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:33am
Andre has been doing a great job resolving ReportControl issues, and this is probably just an off-by-one index bug (or something similarly straight-forward to fix), so I would think it has a good chance of being corrected for 15.0.3 (fingers crossed!). 

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2011 at 8:31pm
Hi,

I've reviewed yours and our code. The problem here is that the report control only scrolls entire rows.
If you add a second record to your sample you'll notice that it scrolls to the second record and not to the lower part of your first record.

I'll add a "smooth" scrolling mode. This mode needs to know the height of each row, so it is not suitable for large recordsets and virtual mode.

Andre

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 5:01am
Thanks for that Andre.

I did try adding a second blank record as a workaround for now.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2011 at 10:22pm
Hi,

I've added smooth scrolling to the main window and to "Report control > Control Test > Smooth Scroll Test".

I think this should solve your problem.

uploads/1755/ReportSample_18256_Multiline.zip

Just set the scroll mode to xtpReportScrollModeSmooth.

Andre

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 8:37am
Andre,

I tried out this sample however I am a little worried with the fact that when I used the scroll wheel the reportcontrol would only scroll down and not back up!
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 11:23am
Thanks, fixed and sample updated:

uploads/1755/ReportSample_18256_Wheel.zip

P.S.: I'm uploading the samples so you verify the feature works as expected and that all bugs are fixed before the release.

Codejock support
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 11:30am
Andre,

Looks good to me, even better now the mousewheel scroll works again Wink
xcentric View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xcentric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 12:16pm
Found strange scrollbar behavior in multiline mode.
To reproduce - run the latest sample, check Report Control -> Multiline Sample and then try to scroll.

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by xcentric xcentric wrote:

To reproduce - run the latest sample, check Report Control -> Multiline Sample and then try to scroll.

Hi,

the "strange" (delayed) behavior is the result of the slower performance of multiline rows.

I'll try to improve it.

Andre

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by xcentric xcentric wrote:

Hi,

I've rewritten the scrolling code. Performance should be much better now. Let me know if you still see the strange/delayed behavior.

uploads/1755/ReportSample_18256_Performance.zip

The problem was that everytime you move the scrollbar Windows sends a WM_VSCROLL message to the report control. This message must be processed till the next WM_VSCROLL message is send, because otherwise the report control is not be redrawn.

Andre

Codejock support
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 8:32pm
Scrolling is much faster for me - but now when using the keyboard to navigate up and down the report, the vertical scrollbar just bounces at the top of the screen (doesn't follow focus).

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by jpbro jpbro wrote:

Scrolling is much faster for me - but now when using the keyboard to navigate up and down the report, the vertical scrollbar just bounces at the top of the screen (doesn't follow focus).

Yes, keyboard scrolling is not yet complete for smooth scrolling mode. I'll get this done tomorrow. Just wanted to get the update out.

Codejock support
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2011 at 10:24pm
No problem, I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the issue. Thanks for you work on this!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic