Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[QUESTION] Can I use Codejock & SendKeys?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [QUESTION] Can I use Codejock & SendKeys?
    Posted: 11 April 2011 at 3:06am
Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a Touch Screen application, see attached screenshot of an example layout I am testing with. The screenshot is of two forms, the Keyboard form and an example form for testing input.

However when I try and use SendKeys with the Codejock PushButtons it doesn't always seem to work. Sometimes the keys pressed work and sometimes they don't, it's quite frustrating. This seems to work fine with the VB CommandButtons but not with the CJ PushButton. The reason I want to use the PushButton is so I can use the PushButton.Checked event to highlight that Caps Lock is on etc...

I also tried to use the "CommandBars.KeyBindings.Add" to bind the keys however when I called SendKeys it seems to hang the application and the only way to regain focus to the app is to open the Task Manager.

Has anyone done any Touch Screen programming? If so have you used the Codejock tools?

Thanks for any help on this.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2011 at 2:27pm

Hi Alexander,

If you have a REAL touchscreen PC you don't need to create keyboard. I also use computers with touchscreen and they are equipt with an onscreen keyboard. Also the right mouse click is covered (at least the one I use... Pressing the item, where normally a right click is needed, longer than few seconds, popup menu will be displayed)

Just buy right computer with touchscreen Tongue

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 3:20am
Hi Aaron,

As of yet I don't have access to the touchscreen PC, it's an upcoming project so I was just doing a little leg work on this subject.

I will just have to make sure we get the right computer.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic