Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] MergePreviousCells & PrintReport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] MergePreviousCells & PrintReport
    Posted: 22 December 2010 at 8:40am
Hi,

I am working on a report for a client and I have successfully got the MergePreviousCells to work.

The problem I am having is that if I then try to print or print preview the ReportControl the merged cells don't print as they are on screen. Instead the merged cells devolve back to the state before the cells were merged! Therefore the print is useless to my client in that format.

Does anyone know how to print a reportcontrol that has merged cells? Is this possible or am I just wasting my time?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:31am

Hi,

Seems to be a problem indeed... I will add this to my list and maybe, just maybe CJ will fix this along with the MergeCells "functionality"

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:38am
Thanks for the confirmation Aaron...

I had been trying to resolve this for the last hour, luckily I can get round this by not using the mergecell code and just expanding the second column to fit the data instead.

But I would have preferred the mergecells and print to have worked together. Lets hope they fix this and don't charge us for this when they release a fix in the next update!
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Xander75 Xander75 wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation Aaron...

I had been trying to resolve this for the last hour, luckily I can get round this by not using the mergecell code and just expanding the second column to fit the data instead.

But I would have preferred the mergecells and print to have worked together
. Lets hope they fix this and don't charge us for this when they release a fix in the next update!

Hi,

Did I miss something?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 4:17am
Hi,

Just to say that this issue will be resolved with v15.0.2. I have been able to test this and can verify it resolves the above mentioned issue.

Thanks Oleg & CJ for your help on this!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:07am
Hi,

Another thing that looks wrong in screenshots but that I can't reproduce - seems background of your items is white under text  in Print mode?  Can you update some sample and attach to show what you do to reproduce it.

Thanks.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 5:34am
Hi Oleg,

I also noticed this issue, however when it's actually printed the print does not show the background as white under the text.

The way in which the report above worked was by using the ReportControl.PrintPreview option which I no longer use and updating some cells to have a different background colour. Instead I have started using the PrintPreview control to create my own PrintPreview form, which doesn't appear to have this issue.

Also the above PrintPreview was when I was using v13.4.0, now I am on v15.0.1.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 4:15am
ok, great.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic