Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Version 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddlittle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Version 2011
    Posted: 13 November 2010 at 7:39pm
Any updates on the FTS for 2011 (v14.0)?  I saw a post that said 8Nov, but it's past.  i really, really, really need to be able to support Office/2010 themes.

Thanks!
- David Little
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 4:22am
New date is Dec 6th
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 11:48am
Any beta(s) prior?
Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Actually we are right on track with the versioning we have been using for years. Maybe it is other product vendors trying to catch up to us?

2006 - v10
2007 - v11
2008 - v12
2009 - v13
2010 - v14
2011 - v15

Each "major" version came out for the corresponding year.

It's a little bit confusing. When did the v14 come out? On Dec 6th?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 10:42am
Is 15.0 Beta going to be available today?

Codejock support
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:32pm
Hi,

Can CodeJock advise when the Beta will be available for download?

Tony
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.1
Platform: Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:47pm
I am wondering when the beta will be available also?  Very anxious to get working with it!  I sincerely hope there is no delay today.  Looking forward to it.  Thanks CJ!
     Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 1:39pm
Hi, 

Sorry, guys, again small 2-3 days delay.

We are discussing how its better for you to have Toolkit + Chart in same Workspace file or 2 setup packages - one for Toolkit and one for Chart ?

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 3:14pm
Thanks for the update.

I am however amazed that only when the deadline is missed (again), such important matters are only being discussed.

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi, 

We are discussing how its better for you to have Toolkit + Chart in same Workspace file or 2 setup packages - one for Toolkit and one for Chart ?

Both in one workspace + setup. For static linking XTP_EXCLUDE_CHART. Makes it easier for you and us. Otherwise will be a ton of incompatibility problems because different versions of Toolkit and chart have been installed.

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 5:20pm
Agree!

You certainly don't want to accidently link to two different MFC versions, and end up with dependency hell 2011!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 6:46pm
I think if you have code inter-dependencies between chart and toolkit, then best to solve that by merging the projects.

xcentric View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xcentric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 6:39am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Both in one workspace + setup. For static linking XTP_EXCLUDE_CHART. Makes it easier for you and us. Otherwise will be a ton of incompatibility problems because different versions of Toolkit and chart have been installed.

Agree, XTP_EXCLUDE_CHART is important.

adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 4:53pm

What exactly is meant by this proposed #define?

Is this just for headers, and still deploy separate toolkitpro and chart DLLs, or would this be for conditionally building charting into toolkit pro?

I think it's generally a bad idea to build libraries with different features enabled or not based on #defines.  Problem is if youhave a couple products installed which both use ToolkitProxxyyzz.dll then you don't know what you are getting.

However header files should be merged, so you don't have dependencies such as include path order (chart vs toolkitpro).  or at least anything common about the 2 libraries should be shared between the 2 libraries so we don't get 2 versions of anything.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 10:35pm
> It's a little bit confusing. When did the v14 come out?

What, you don't remember v14 coming out? There was a big party at Oleg's house. Everyone who matters was invited. It was GREAT. You still don't remember? You must have blacked out (come to think of it you were drinking a LOT).
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:40am
Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

> It's a little bit confusing. When did the v14 come out?

What, you don't remember v14 coming out? There was a big party at Oleg's house. Everyone who matters was invited. It was GREAT. You still don't remember? You must have blacked out (come to think of it you were drinking a LOT).

Have a look at the version number of the chart. It was 14.0 and 14.1

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:41am
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

I think it's generally a bad idea to build libraries with different features enabled or not based on #defines.  Problem is if youhave a couple products installed which both use ToolkitProxxyyzz.dll then you don't know what you are getting.

The #define is only for STATIC linking.

Codejock support
xcentric View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xcentric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

The #define is only for STATIC linking.

Same as for _XTP_EXCLUDE_CALENDAR, _XTP_EXCLUDE_SKINFRAMEWORK, _XTP_EXCLUDE_SYNTAXEDIT...

zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 4:57am

Since it was not yesterday (best case = 2) I think will be today ( worst = 3)..
VS2008 SP1 - VS2010 SP1 - VS2012 - MFC MBCS Statically linked
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
---------------------------------------------------------
Davide Zaccanti - ZakSoft - www.zaksoft.com
itsmg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 5:54am
Originally posted by zaksoft zaksoft wrote:

Since it was not yesterday (best case = 2) I think will be today ( worst = 3)..

Do you really believe in it?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 20.1.0 (unicode)

Platform: Windows 11 (64bit)

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 6:34am
A delay of a few days -- VS --- superb quality

I know it sucks to wait. But coding takes time. How about giving the CJ team a break, for once!

It's like you guys never got that red bicycle your mom promised you 20 years ago.
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 8:55am
It is not a case of giving  a break - it was CJ who moved the beta launch on the 26th October to 8th November, then on the 8th to the 22nd, then announced a 2 - 3 day delay.

All I want is a a reliable date to work on development.

Perhaps CJ can provide an update?

tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 2:02pm
I'm afraid I agree with the author of the previous post.

When we were given the Roadmap by Kirk, I thought it seemed like a real concise, professional and earnest plan that the Codejock team was going to operate under in delivery of their excellent product suites, especially coming from a high-level executive in the company. 

I planned my own development efforts according to that plan.  Now it is evident that the whole timeline that was given is/was hogwash.  I'm sure it wasn't intentional, but unreliable nevertheless.

I usually don't plan my objectives so firmly around posts on this forum because I do understand development and the delays that are usually expected.  But the tone in that initial post sounded so convincing that I broke from the norm and gave my clients timelines based on those estimates, with a few days cushion.  Now I have permanently harmed my credibility with them.

Hopefully something will happen to restore my faith in what they've promised.  They're products are the best in the business, no question.  Which is why they have to understand that some of us need what they promise, when they promise, as soon as they can get it to us.  I'm a fan CJ...just a frustrated one.

Happy Thanksgiving all.
     Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 4:35pm
Hello all, we really are sorry for the delays.  In the roadmap we did meet all the other dates promised, unfortunately we needed more time for the toolkit.  The beta will be ready Monday.
Thanks for your patience.
Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 1:59pm
This monday or next monday?
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 7:03pm
We just released the first beta (found on eval page).  With this beta you can check out the new themes.  We are still tweaking them, but they are coming along nicely.

Off the top of my head, here are some of the samples to check out.  Not all samples are updated for this beta.  We will have allot more samples updated with the next beta.

For COM users you can check out the new themes using the following samples:
Ribbon (CB Sample)
SDI Docking (DP Sample)
MDI Docking (Common Sample)
GUI Sample (Common Sample)
ShortcutBar (SB\Common Sample)
ToolBox (TP\Common Sample)
TaskPanel (TP\Common Sample)
PropertyGrid Sample (PG Sample)
ReportControl Sample (RP Sample)
Calendar Sample (CP Sample)
Suite controls - Didn't make the beta build, but I can attach it someone wants it now.

MFC
* The entire controls folder has been cleaned up and reorganized due to popular request
Ribbon Sample
Flat Combo
Calendar
ShortcutBar
Visual Studio Sample
*possibly others, I'll check later and update

Also the chart received allot of updates.  You can view the chart forums to see most of what was fixed.

Note all Office 2007, 2010 and Win 7 themes are loaded via resource dll.  See the (Control)GlobalSettings.ResourceImages property in the help file to see how to use them.

Hope you like it :)
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 8:12pm
This is not a Beta. This is a trial version.

Codejock support
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 8:34pm
Are there any new features in v15 aside from new themes?
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 1:28am

Just had a look, the change list is light on fixes - seems this is only updating themes.

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 9:32am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

...We will have allot more samples updated with the next beta...

The final release will be in less than one week and CJ will release a further beta Confused I thought a beta phase should be a couple of weeks. Or do you plan to shift the final date of Dec. 6. If YES, please give us a list of all new features and a new release date.

Thanks
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 12:32pm
Hello everyone, please use our beta sub forum to further discuss this beta.  If there is some feature you hoped for in 15 and don't see, please also post that in the beta forum. 

The VS2010 theme discussion was moved to the beta sub forum.

Here are the links:
MFC Beta Sub Forum
COM Beta Sub Forum

Thanks
MGebler View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGebler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 1:10pm
Where can I find the beta sub forum?

Thanks
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2010 at 1:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic