Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] PROBLEM PLEASE HELP!
    Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:26am
Hello everyone! Since everyone ignored my previous post, I will include that issue in this one as well. My first issue: Making an MDI based web browser with the child forms as the browser tabs. With one browser tab, I can have the commandstatechange disable and enable the back, forward, etc. buttons in the toolbar that is actually created on the MDI parent form itself. However, with multiple tabs open, the commandstatechange is only for the previous tab. I need it to sync to the active form or child AKA browser tab. Please help me out with this! My Second Issue: In a previous post, I mentioned that I wanted to put the Go, Stop, and Refresh button all in one single button using the commandbars actions function. I can implement the Refresh and stop actions fairly well but I am unable to implement the go button. It will function nearly the same as the refresh action, but will only be active as the current action if the text in my address combobox(Also on MDI Parent) is different from the active window's webbrowser.locationURL. Please fellow developers, this is a serious issue in my development. They have completely halted my project. :[ Thanks and regards in advance!~
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:55pm
C'mon folks! Any ideas!?

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:28am
I think, the simplest way is, to define the whole commandbar in each mdi-form.
Than, on each mdi-activate/deactivate of mdi-form, you have to reassign the corresponding commandbar to the main-form by commandbar.AttachToWindow-Method.

The second way (i use) is, define the whole commandbar in the main-window and on each mdi-activate/deactivate store a reference to the current mdi-form in the main-form.
Than, in the mainform, call on the commandbar_action-event a corresponding mdi-form-subroutine to handle the associated events.
Also, you can store in the mdi-form a reference to the main-commandbar, to set each action-status or use the commandbar_update-event to set the actions to the actual mdi-form by a public mdi-form-subroutine.
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 10:23am
That is definitely what I'm looking for Baldur.
But what exact code would you use to implement this?

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:55pm
Seriously Baldur? I understand what your leaning towards but I got no clue how to implement it. Maybe a sample or a code example?

JantjeKeizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JantjeKeizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Baldur Baldur wrote:

I think, the simplest way is, to define the whole commandbar in each mdi-form.
Than, on each mdi-activate/deactivate of mdi-form, you have to reassign the corresponding commandbar to the main-form by commandbar.AttachToWindow-Method.

The second way (i use) is, define the whole commandbar in the main-window and on each mdi-activate/deactivate store a reference to the current mdi-form in the main-form.

Than, in the mainform, call on the commandbar_action-event a corresponding mdi-form-subroutine to handle the associated events.

Also, you can store in the mdi-form a reference to the main-commandbar, to set each action-status or use the commandbar_update-event to set the actions to the actual mdi-form by a public mdi-form-subroutine.
I do something similiar.
This is a quick demo (not everything is logical here, but it shows the idea)
I defined an interface which every customform can implement and catch/process messages

20100516_190647_ICommandbar.rar
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:46pm
Hey JantjeKeizer,

Thanks for the sample, I'm downloading it now. I'll be sure to let you know if it's what I'm looking for.

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 10:08pm
Okay, I reviewed the project and so far it's definitely somewhat close to what I'm trying to achieve. But, I'm having trouble adding anything to the ribbon, such as the quick access controls. In which I'm intended to use as the "Browser" bar.

Have any ideas?

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 5:19am
Okay, well I have tried to tinker with the code you have given me and when it seems it might work my VB seems to crash. :[

Maybe if I explain a little better, you all may be able to help even more.

Currently, as mentioned earlier, this is an MDI based project, and by using the tab workspace along with MDI child windows, I'm able to implement a tabbed web browser. Now, I already have the function to where the back, forward, and etc. buttons enable and disable themselves depending on the web browser's current state. However, the problem lies here: When switching between tabs, the state of the controls (Back, Forward, etc.) do not apply to the active tab and/or child form. I need a fix for this.

That help clarify what I'm looking for a little bit? :p

JantjeKeizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JantjeKeizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 6:12am
Just use the update event to update with a local variable
20100526_061214_ICommandbar.rar
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 11:18pm
Okay, now I get what your saying. I'm downloading the test project now. I'l let you know the results.

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 1:16am
Okay, I reviewed the sample project and have come to terms that this may definitely what I'm looking for and trying to achieve.

So, I'm going to try and implement this into my project to see how things work out.

If I'm successful, I will definitely include you in the credits for development of my upcoming product.

Thanks for all the help!

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 5:44am
Okay folks, I didn't mean to reopen this but I'm at a standpoint and stuck. :[

The functions work well friend, but I absolutely can not hide the MDI buttons in the ribbonbar!

the code I normal use is:

CurBar.SetFlags xtpFlagHideMDIButtons, 0

Unfortunately, this has absolutely no effect in the sample project!

Anyway to fix this JantjeKeizer ?

Any help will be appreciated!!

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 1:14pm
Hi,

I tried same with our MDI ribbon samlpe and it works.

Are you sure CurBar is Ribbonbar ?
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 1:26pm
Oleg, I'm talking about the sample project that JantjeKeizer posted above to help me with another issue.

The same that he/she provided above solved my previous issue, but I'm unable to hide the mdisysbutton using the set flags option that I normally use.

Oleg, if you can, download the project above and see if you can have any luck at it please, this problem puts my whole project on hold.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2010 at 4:04pm
Hi,

In this project first comment line
Set CurBar = .AddRibbonBar("Main")
it actually do nothing and add

.SetFlags xtpFlagHideMDIButtons, 0

inside "With" block.

... only notice that your users can press Alt+'-' and restore/minimize child window.
Oleg, Support Team
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 2:10am
Hey Oleg!

This definitely helped! I never thought to insert the code in that fashion. Thanks!

And that other method of minimizing the child windows, is there a way to disable that?

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 3:37am
Just set controlBox property of frmClient to False.
Oleg, Support Team
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 5:02am
Worked Great!

Thanks for the tip Oleg! :]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic