Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this possible?
    Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:36am

I'm using docking panes in an unusual way. Two panes are glued together, and their captions are shown/hidden depending on docking state. E.g. When floating, the caption is set to the top pane's title, and the panes' captions are hidden. This works, and I get the behavior I want.

However, when unpinning one of the glued panes (top pane has a visible caption, with buttons), I get undesired behavior. The panes are separated and then hidden. Sure, this is the behavior you get in Visual Studio, but they never use panes the way I do here.

Q: Is it possible to keep my two panes docked to each other when hidden? Thus, only one tab is shown at the side panel, and when hovered, my two panes are shown together.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2009 at 3:44am
Best solution would of course be if I could "borrow" the splitter functionality and simply embed my two windows in one window. But I sense that cannot be done, right?

CSplitterWnd is a possible approach, but then you don't get the same resizing behavior as in the docking pane, if SPI_SETDRAGFULLWINDOWS is set.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic