Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Random Crashes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinniePooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Random Crashes
    Posted: 23 June 2009 at 10:24am
Dear support,
as developer of a Big Company , I'm evaluating your suite product to verify that is eligible as UI component for refactoring of our core application written in vb6.

The first ocx I'm traying is Skin Framework but , in a random fashion, it crashes application without posting me any info.

So,
we can decide to buy the suite only and only if we are able to use use your eval peoduct with no troubles.

Thank to you for your prompt reply.

Best Wishes,
Antonio Francavilla
Senior Developer
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2009 at 5:16pm
Yes, some dlls don't like when SkinFramework hook them and solution to exclude them using Exclude method.

You can run Process Explorer from sysinternals - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
it can show list of loaded dlls and for example, use exclude all ado related dll.

Just use it to see what dlls are loaded and start by excluding them all, then 1 by 1 uncomment and included them until you find the culprit.

SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "Module.dll"  
WinniePooh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WinniePooh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 3:20am

Hi SuperMario,

I applied your solution but with all the dlls commented the problem is still present plus some strange behaviourù

Thanks,
Antonio
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 9:42am
If there is still some strange behavior then I suspect there is still a dll included that the skinframework does not like.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic