FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Evaluation questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evaluation questions
    Posted: 09 June 2009 at 1:55am
Hi,

We have almost 100 samples that can be good start for you. Please check first samples in Samples\Controls folders - they are most easy to understand. And sure you need some Visual C++ book.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Loderunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loderunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:39pm

Greetings,

My name is Dick Correa and I am the senior programmer for DTI Data.  I have benmn a 'C' and assembler programmer for almost 30 years and have written mostly data recovery and systems software. 

The company wants to move to a newer interface.  Your library is one that we are looking at.

I have been to your Developers forum, which looks very active, and your samples all compile easily using Visual Studio 2008.

I am old school, on the wire programming.  No interface to speak but the software does its job.  However, I like the new stuff,the new interfaces, how all the tree controls, the list controls, buttons and all the other stuff work.

My question is, how easy is it to put a couple of tree controls, a couple of list controls and some buttons in a dialog box?  Are there samples you can direct me too?  Documentation I can read.  Anything to get me started in the right direction.

I'm not much of a C++  coder, but, your stuff looks very nice so I am trying to get up top speed on it.

Thank you for you time and I hope we can do business.

Warmest Regards,

Dick Correa
Senior Software Engineer
DTI Data

When in doubt, thrash about
dcleven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dcleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 6:19pm
Hi,

I have downloaded the eval copy of the Toolkit Pro and have some questions.

1. Are all the help files included in the eval copy? It seems that the help is very slim, there is no overview on how the library works, fits together.
For example, in the RibbonSample_vc90.sln, CMainFrame::LoadIcons() calls pCommandBars->GetImageManager()->SetIcons, how is this used by the framework? The help says this "CXTPImageManager is a stand alone class. It is used to manipulate icons." ... that's it? The method SetIcons, has nothing?? Okay I don't have the source, so maybe all the documentation is in the source code?

I'm trying to understand how the pieces fit together, and there are a lot of pieces.

2. How do you use the Command Bars Designer on a existing project? Absolutley nothing in the help file to give me a clue.

My main goal is to find a toolkit to add modern ribbon controls and skinning to our existing MFC apps. I've looked at the tutorials and built a few of the samples (all of which have no comments to help figure out what is going on).

I hope I'm missing something.

Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic