Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some request features

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnetic core Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some request features
    Posted: 22 August 2003 at 2:41am

Hello,

I bring to you some suggestions (or request features) for the excellent Docking Pane product (v8.0).

1. Minimal size for the panes

Panes could have a minimal size. The splitter container would request for each panes its size by the WM_GETMINMAXINFO message and would use this information to known how it can reduce its panes. A flag at creation can indicate which information of WM_GETMINMAXINFO message will be used, i.e. XTP_MINSIZEX will allow to use the ptMinTrackSize.x value.

2. Panes cannot be dropped in one side

Actually, panes can be dropped in any sides of the application. It would be great if we can forbid (or allow) one side or one direction (horizontal or vertical) like CBRS_ALIGN_ flags for toolbars.

3. To size a container with full content

Actually, a tracker is used to size a container. It would be nice to show continually the content of the container when it is sized. This could depend on the parameter SPI_GETDRAGFULLWINDOWS (SystemParametersInfo function) and WM_SETTINGCHANGE. If not set, tracker will be used.

4. To add register functions in DockingPaneManager

LoadState and SaveState functions could be added to the DockingPaneManager class, because it use internally a DockingPaneLayout (if we don't want to use more than one layout).

Thanks you for your work, and sorry for my poor english.

Magnetic core 

Edited by Magnetic core
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2003 at 2:09pm

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.  I have passed this information along to our development team to see about including your suggestions into a future release.

Cheers,
Codejock Software

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:23pm
I believe 1,3, and 4 have been added.  And I think you could probably implement 2 by testing the docing actions before the pane is docked to a particular side of an application.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic