Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED]Windows problems with attaching Datepicker
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED]Windows problems with attaching Datepicker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED]Windows problems with attaching Datepicker
    Posted: 08 October 2008 at 3:44pm
Hi,

My users are experiencing GPF problems when exiting their apps.  It only happens when their apps contain both the CommandBars and the Calendar controls together, AND you try and get the IDispatch of the Calendar AND at least one button on the CommandBars is pressed.

I know this sounds very strange, but I've created a small control app just to prove this and if ALL of the above is true, then it GPFs when the app closes.  So far, I've tested the GPF fault in Windows XP (various service packs), and in Windows Vista.  Apparently, the problem doesn't happen if you have Vista SP1 applied allthough I've still got to personally test this.

The main reason I need the IDispatch of the Calendar control is to attach a DatePicker.  I did try and attach the DatePicker via the Calendar's 'hWnd' but this didn't work.

This is quite a serious problem and I could do with a response on this sooner rather than later.  I did add an earlier posting requesting you add a way to get the Idispatch of the Calendar saving me using the built in method within my development environment - but I've not had any response from you on it.  Somebody else however has reported the same fault - so at least I know I'm not going mad.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Andy Wilton

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v11.2.1 -> v15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP / Vista / Win 7
Language: Clarion 5.5 -> C8.x
======================================
Andy Wilton
AndyWilton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 10:39am
This has now been solved.
Andy Wilton
Kagome View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kagome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2009 at 12:41pm
Hi, would you mind sharing your solution?
AndyWilton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2009 at 8:52am
Yes, sorry about that I should have posted the solution earlier.

It turned out to be my fault.  I wasn't releasing certain resource objects (eg, RemindersDialog or DatePicker) correctly, and this was causing the app to GPF on exit, but only under certain conditions.

Once I corrected my code - ALL of the GPF issues were resolved.

Regards,

Andy
Andy Wilton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic