Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [QUESTION] FreezeColumnCount divider repositioning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[QUESTION] FreezeColumnCount divider repositioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [QUESTION] FreezeColumnCount divider repositioning
    Posted: 14 August 2008 at 4:38pm
Hi,

When hiding a column with index less than FreezeColumnsCount the divider will stay on the same position. I would expect that the divider would be repositioned as well.

Thanks 

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 2:32pm
You right - I also expect that if I hide one of Freezed column - divider will move to left. This is a bug. Will fix it.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2009 at 5:37pm

I check the topic. The problem in the fact that code use m_nFreezeColumnsCount as relative position of divider does not matter which columns are on left and which on right side. 

You can fix it on app level - e.g. in menu handler for show - hide column: (this is from MFC ReportSample - ReportSampleView but VB code is similar - for frmMain)

if (nMenuResult >= ID_COLUMN_SHOW)

{

CXTPReportColumn* pCol = pColumns->GetAt(nMenuResult - ID_COLUMN_SHOW);

if (pCol)

{

BOOL bVis = pCol->IsVisible();

pCol->SetVisible(!bVis);

if (bVis)

{

if (GetReportCtrl().GetFreezeColumnsCount() > nMenuResult - ID_COLUMN_SHOW)

GetReportCtrl().SetFreezeColumnsCount(GetReportCtrl().GetFreezeColumnsCount() - 1);

}

else

{

if (GetReportCtrl().GetFreezeColumnsCount() > nMenuResult - ID_COLUMN_SHOW)

GetReportCtrl().SetFreezeColumnsCount(GetReportCtrl().GetFreezeColumnsCount() + 1);

}

}

}

Now I don't know - should I change existed behaviour which also have sense for some situation? Or keep fix on app level?
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 1:51am
Hi Mark,

Some of the members already had to fix this in code... I will get messy when you just fix this...

So if you are going to fix this I propose you create a property for this, you have already:

Just add xtpReportFreezeColsDividerAutoReposition and we are all happy (the ones who already fixed this in code and want to keep it and the ones who don't have it will use xtpReportFreezeColsDividerAutoReposition = True

Thanks a lot

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 8:11am
Hi Mark,

Here's test project  Makes it easier for you to test.

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2009 at 9:23pm
uploads/20090220_232105_ReportSampleSat.rar

I have a progress with this problem. In stable for show-hide columns and drag-drop columns reordering including Group Row in and out.

The static version of sample I attached show all recently added features - fixs for drawing, minimum width and scroll autoadjust.

I can attached Debug version of OCX but not sure everybody has Microsoft Debug dll set
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 10:18am

Hi Mark,

I tried this with new OCX... and a few things that doesn't work / don't understand:

1. When column gets invisible, the same index as divider is, the divider will disappear and won't show again when column becoming visible again.
  2. Correct if I'm wrong about this: When dragging column, with the divider next to it, to another position and also divider will be repositioned. The way I see the feature (FreezeColumnsCount) is to have columns which always would be in that position I want to and users can not change that. Also when scrolling horizontal the columns will be scrolled from divider position. The FreezeColsDivider is to show the user that and in combination with FreezeColumnsCount I can accomplish that. So what is the use of repositioning the divider if you drag column somewhere. Maybe you can give me a sample of how to use this and maybe I understand better.
Thank you

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2009 at 11:41am
Hi, Aaron, FixedColumnsAbs it essentially the property of one and only one THE COLUMN to be always presented and visible. Any columns left of this - extra info but not critical and can be move in and out of left report part. If you hide or drag'n drop to group this COLUMN - all feature cancel and you need to start fixed column assignment again because you break logic of valid information always presented row-based. May be we need to cancel Hide or Drag'n Drop operation with this COLUMN and force it to BE ALWAYS PRESENTED?
If Not FixedColumnsAbs - report always show given number of left columns and you can change columns in left part free.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic