Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ReportControl in .NET tabcontrol

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ReportControl in .NET tabcontrol
    Posted: 30 May 2008 at 11:11am
I am using the ActiveX ReportControl (11.2.0) in a .NET application.  I have a TabControl with 2 tabPages.  I have a Reportcontrol on each tabpage.  All looks fine at design time but when I run the application the Reportcontrol on the unselected tab disappears!!

I've checked the properties and says its visible and positioned correctly - it just not show.  If add a Tabcontrol.Selected Index = 1 statement into the form_load event then the control on tab0 disappears.

Is this a bug with the Tab control or the reportcontrol?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
YellowStreak View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 11:52am
I should add that I am using the standard VB.Net winform TabControl - NOT the CodeJock one.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 5:04am
It seems that you only get the issue in a .NET user control.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

It's easy to replicate - simply create a new usercontrol.
Put a winforms .NET TabControl on the form and a CodeJock ReportControl on each tab.

Create a new windowsapplication and add the usercontrol to form1.

Run the app and try changing tabs.  The report controls vanish from all but the first tab shown.

The project I'm working on does not give me the luxury of time to spend on this.  If I don't get a solution I will have to dump the ActiveX code jock controls and look at some properly implemented .Net ones.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:35am
Hi,

You could try to use a picturebox and put the reportcontrol in the picturebox. We have to do this all time with most controls, so why don't you try it
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 7:59am
Hi Aaron, Thanks for responding.

Tried that (and a panel  and a group box) - no good.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:11am
Hi,

I have also 2 reportcontrols in one form and I use DockPane for this. It looks the same as a tabcontrol.

Also with this: picturebox with a reportcontrol in it, then attach the picturebox to the pane. Maybe you could try that.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:10am
 picturebox with a reportcontrol in it, then attach the picturebox to the pane - didn't work.

We are trying to avoid using ActiveX controls where possible so I do not really want to go with the Docking Pane control.  I am only using the Report Control because the .NET datagridview control does not support grouping.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 9:14am
Hi,

Well that was the last option... for me it was. I think you have to wait for the master himself  Good luck

explosif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote explosif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2009 at 8:48am
Hi,

I have the same problem.
Any solution yet?
explosif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote explosif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 8:23am
Hi,
I solved the problem.
Just toggle the visible Property on the activex components on the secondary tabs in the usercontrol load event.

axTGrid2.Visible = false;
axTGrid2.Visible = true;

maby you also need to call PerformLayout on the tabpages. It depends on the properties.

tabPage2.PerformLayout();

/Peter

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YellowStreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 12:08pm
I'm glad someone sorted this out.  In the end I had to dump the report control as it was causing fatal errors in my interop application.  I had to go and buy a proper .NET control.  I think the codejock controls are great and brilliant value for money.  I just wish they'd bite the bullet and develop some proper .NET controls.  Whatever they claim - using active X controls in .NET (especially when you are then interoping them back to VB is fraught with problems.  Don't get me started on the hassle I've had skinning VB.NET interop user controls!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic