Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Way to find the conflict events

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karthiksp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Way to find the conflict events
    Posted: 10 April 2008 at 9:04am
Hi All,

I have a quick question to check with regarding calendar control. I am setting up an event for a future date let's say

July 1st from 9.00 AM - 10.00 AM

Before that I have another recurring event occurs every 6 month from 9.00 AM - 10.00 AM from 1/1/2007 - 12/31/2008. This recurring event conflicts with the above event.

So when user configure the one time event for "July 1st from 9.00 AM - 10.00 AM" how will I identify the recurring event conflicts with this event in order to notify to user.

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thanks
Karthik
mybsys View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybsys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 6:01pm

Hello,

Were you able to figure out a solution for this?  I've been struggling with recurring appointment conflicts... grrr!

Thanks,
Mike
Access2007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:01am
What I did in order to solve this problem was to bypass the built-in recurring event form and create my own that did 4 things:
1. Searched the database for conflicting appointments
2. Created actual multiple appointments in the event table that weren't conflicting with existing appointments
3. If there were conflicts, move the appointment for that date to the next available open time.
4. Show the user the proposed appointments before finalizing.
I don't know if there is a simpler way around this, but it worked for me as for my application I needed each of the recurring appointments to show up in the event table for use in other parts of the application.

Windows 7 Pro 64
Access 2007
Calendar 15.3.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic