Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Reference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griswald88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple Reference
    Posted: 02 June 2008 at 5:04pm
I am fairly new to CommandBars, but I seem to always have trouble referencing certain sub menus.  I have actions in place and that works great, but if I wanted to update/populate a sub-menu OF another sub-menu WITHOUT using the update event, how do I reference the menu.  In other words, I have a "file" menu that has a "recent files" sub-menu. In order to populate the "recent files" sub-menu I need to reference it. Now ALL my menus have unique IDs, but I can't seem to get a reference to the menu item. I want to avoid using the FindControl because apparently that is not the best approach. Thanks!
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2008 at 8:31pm
Hi,

You can use the CommandBars_InitCommandsPopup event which fires when the sub menu is about to be shown.

Check the ID of the sub menu using CommandBar.Parent.ID and populate with CommandBar.Controls.Add

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic