Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Command Bars Actions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Command Bars Actions
    Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:45pm
Hello,

I am using a command bar on a vb6 form. The command bar was created using the design studio and includes drop menus and toolbars. I have included .enableactions in the form load event and have added actions to the command bar's actions colletion. My problem is that when I disable a particular action id it only disables it in the drop down menu and not the toolbar that includes the same id. I am really stumped here and could urgently use some help!

Thanks
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 12:34am

Hi,

Have to work. Double check your toolbar has same Action in design studio. You have to enable actions in designer - not in code.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
johnp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:55am
Yes, the both items have the same action. How do I enable actions in the design studio? Given that I've enable actions in code, why do they work for the menu and not the toolbar?
Thanks for your response.
johnp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 4:17am
Oleg, I finally found the Enable Actions option in the design studio and now the toolbar button and menu items are properly disabled. Can I assume that all of the controls added to the command bar through the design studio will be in the actions collection? Also, does this mean that all aspects of the command bar appearance and behavior have to be set up in the design studio and not in code? For example, can the visual theme be changed in code? In general, do you (or when do you) recommend using the design studio vs. creating command bars completely in code?
Thanks!
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 7:02am
Hi,

All that can be changed in designer, can be changed in code.
Its only "Actions" thing - that EnableActions have to be called before you add controls.
I can't recommend use always designer or only code - it depends on task and number of people who work with project.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic