Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Few questions about the Ribbon and other things
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Few questions about the Ribbon and other things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flitskikker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Few questions about the Ribbon and other things
    Posted: 13 January 2009 at 7:48am
Hi,

I'm now using XTreme Suite Pro ActiveX for an homework manager application (VB 2008), only I've some questions about it:

1. I've made the ribbon for my application using the Command Bars designer, but how do I add contextual tabs? If it's not possible in CBD, please explain how to do it in my application.

2. The ID's I set in the CBD, doesn't work in my application (where I imported the xcb file). Now I can't use my ribbon buttons for actions, because the ID for each control just returns empty.
The Ribbon Sample's IDs does work, but that ribbon is completely generated inside the application.

3. When I click a normal form button, I want to change the selected ribbon tab to the next one. How do I do this?

4. When I click an other button, I want to set a value for the ProgressBar in my Statusbar. But how do I call it?

5. When I try to set the Dutch language, using the following code, I get an error. What am I doing wrong? (langDir previously declared, and working)

CommandBarsGlobalSettings.ResourceFile = langDir + "SuitePro.ResourceNl.dll"

This piece of code does work in VB6 (only App.Path in place of langDir), but nothing was in Dutch anyway.
I'll offer Dutch translation if I need to translate it myself.

6. How do I import an xcb file by clicking on a form button?

Thanks in advance for answering these question, I thought it should be easier combing the questions, rather than making 6 new topics.

Kind regards,
Martijn van Berkel
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 11:19am
I think you will get better answers if you do create 6 separate Topics for your questions. Sorry I have not used Command Bars Designer for RibbonBar.

Are you using ActiveX controls or the NET version?

While waiting for others to reply to your questions it is worth looking through the Sample code supplied with CodeJock controls.  I think you can find the answers to questions  3 and 4 in the code samples. And definitely see how to add contextual Tabs in code (you can cut & paste chunks of code to get started).

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic