Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SDI and WORKSPACE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SDI and WORKSPACE
    Posted: 03 November 2009 at 7:59pm
Hi,

I am using the evaluation verion and making sure it will work for our company before purchase.

Can you please advise how i can mannualy add a new tab to the workspace when using two standard forms NOT MDI.

We have a main form - non midi which will open up many other forms again non-midi-child. On the main form we have a ribon setup.

I have looked into the Workspace_NewItem but cannot seem to get anything to work or have the workspace tabs displayed. I am using a ribon office 2007 style as the main command bar. I have used Set Workspace = CommandBars.ShowTabWorkspace(True)

i have also found the function Workspace.ShowNewWindowTab but i am unsure what the command as long is used for. Have read through the help but it does not give examples. i have also looked through each of the examples but in all examples only midi forms are used.

If you cannot manualy add to the Workspace can you please advise nother way to have tabs for for that is opened and when you click on the tab the form is activated.

Many Thanks.

VB6
Suite Pro 2009

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 6:29am
Hi,
I'm not sure - forms are child but not MDI ?? or just toplevel forms ?

Anyway Workspace can work only with MDI Childs. You cn use TabControl instead and manually add Tabs for each form you need.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
slecka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slecka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2009 at 7:31pm
Thankyou for your prompt reply.

I will use the tab control instead.

This can be marked as solved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic