Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update Outlook

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilhung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update Outlook
    Posted: 15 January 2010 at 10:44am
Hi

I have two datasources (custom and MAPI). When I go into Microsoft outlook to change a calendar entry, is it possible to be notified automatically that this has happened (is there an event perhaps?). Or is it just a case of polling for changes?

Thanks

Neil
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 2:15pm

If I run VB or MFC Calendar Sample with MAPI provider and Outlook side by side - any event's modification in one app automatically appears in other app - in both directions

neilhung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilhung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2010 at 11:49am
Thanks for the reply. I upgraded my Outlook 2000 to 2007, and it seems to be updating each other.

Cheers

Kind regards
Neil
skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 7:19am
Hi,

This sounds interesting but rather unbelievable. Do I understand the following correct.
- You have a custom database in a different format.
- You have the Outlook database with MAPI.

If you add something to the calendar, both databases are updated?

Two possibilities:
1. You add something in the Outlook calendar and it is added in the custom database? How can Outlook know what to do in that custom database?

2. You add something in your database, and the Outlook calendar is also updated? This would already be a powerfull option. Can you post some code? Especially how you 'open' your calendars.

Best regards,
Chris.
ABO Service
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:38am

Calendar control (MFC or ActiveX) supported MAPI so my Calendar app and Outlook connected to the same Outlook native database

skiman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 1:59pm
Hi,

Yes, that's working without any problem. It is the same database, so it seems logical.

Problem is that this isn't working in a network environment, unless you install some other software or have an exchange server.

Regards,
Chris.
ABO Service
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic