Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simple Command bar question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple Command bar question
    Posted: 14 January 2010 at 5:10pm
Hi,

I am evaluating commandbars.

I have a massive VB6 project that makes extensive use of the VB6 menu functions... disabling or making then not visible when a different tab is selected, dynamic drop down menu items (multiple level), etc..

If you want to see an video animation of my application interface go to http://www.pcwp.com/animation/ht2001.gif .  It is an old example but you can see how the menu items change as I change the tab.

I want to replace the VB6 toolbar with one that is much more functional... like the one that is within the commandbars control.

The problem is when I add the commandbars control, I can not longer programatically  affect my top level menu items.  I cannot make them disappear based on the tab as well as some other functions.

Is there anyway I can use the commandbars control and still control the VB6 menu (without rewriting of all top level menu items with the command bar control).   That would be a massive job.

i.e, I just want to use commandbars as a toolbar.

Thanks for your help.

George
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 1:45pm
Overall, nearly all the CJ controls are 100% more functional than the VB6 default.

I recommend to go ahead and rewrite your controls since it would be better in the long run. Although, it is not required.

And the toolbars can function with the previous menu bar in certain settings but not all.

Have you thought up an updated GUI? I took a look at your example and CJ provides a much more fluent GUI for your applications.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
wxperson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:14am
FYI.

There was a solution to my issue.. A simple command

CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Visible = False

This disconnects the toolbar commandbar from the VB menu items.

George
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2010 at 10:12pm
Yes, that would work but could cause conditions if you use the Skin Framework. But that's great to hear, I'll keep that in mind just in case. :]

wxperson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wxperson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:21am
Actually... I have used skinframework with that command and unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible :-)), it seems to work OK.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 12:40pm
SkinFramework now works with standard VB menus...earlier versions did not
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 5:27pm
Yeah I seen that SuperMario.
That was a great feature to be added.
Keep up the good work! :]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic