Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easy way to dock CommandBars/Ribbonbar to top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapoPezzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy way to dock CommandBars/Ribbonbar to top
    Posted: 13 April 2010 at 3:11pm
Hi.

I was hoping to change from ActiveBar (DataDynamics) to CommandBars-menus (Ribbonbar) in all our forms (>100). We are using vb6. I am trying to find an easy way. I have created an object wich creates the menus itself. We use layout-files to dynamically create the ActiveBars and I have mangaed to create an object whick create CommanBars menys (as Ribbonbars) of the same layout. And it work great. It is really good-looking. But I have a problem when I am trying to just swap the AcitveBar-component with the CommanBars component in my excisting forms. Where the ActiveBar always dock itself to the top, my CommnadBars doesnt.
We use a tab-component from ComponentOne a lot wich has an Allign-property set to Fill. When we use ActiveBar the menu dock itself to the top and the Tab-control comes under and fill the rest of the form. With CommandBars the Tab-control fill the entire form and my menu doesnt show. (it is behind).

I am tryning to find the easiest way to dock my COmmandbars-control to the top, because there are many many forms that I will implement this to if it workds. Anyone can help me?

This is my code sofar:

Set Ribbonbar = theMenu.AddRibbonBar("The Ribbon")

Ribbonbar.EnableDocking xtpFlagAlignTop   'xtpFlagStretched
Ribbonbar.Position = xtpBarTop

theMenu is my CommandBars-control which is on the form

Please help. Would really lift our program

We are using Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX v12.1.0 - by the way
gvidali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gvidali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 9:54am
I solved the same issue with few lines of code.

1 -- Set the "align" property of your tab control or elastic control to asNone (0 - zero).

2 -- In the Resize event of your commandbar, use this snippet (control c1, in this case, is an elastic control)...

If Me.WindowState <> vbMinimized Then
    CommandBars1.GetClientRect iLeft, iTop, iRight, iBottom
    c1.Move iLeft, iTop, iRight, iBottom - iTop
End If

Hope this helps...

Giorgio
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 11:30am
You can use ResizeClient-Event of the CommandBar. This works also if your form is being resized.
CapoPezzio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapoPezzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2010 at 5:06pm
Thanks a lot. Both works. Was just hoping that there was a simple property on the control to dock it to the top (it is a toolbar-control afterall). No I have to add an elastic to each of our forms. Not that much work, but anyway.... thanks a lot
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic