Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deactivating a minitoolbar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deactivating a minitoolbar
    Posted: 04 March 2009 at 9:03am
Hello there!

In my application I use different minitoolbars that should appear depending on what is underneath the mouse.
I'm looking for a way to deactivate the old minitoolbar once the mouse hovers a new screen object. There should always be at most one visible minitoolbar.

For the minitoolbar that should disappear I've tried to set: 
m_bActivated = FALSE;
m_bTracking = FALSE;

but this keeps it visible.

Is there a way to instantly switch it off and make sure it does not come back until I call "TrackMiniBar" again?

David.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 7:43am
Hi,

try m_bTracking = FALSE; + manually hide it with ShowWindow(SW_HIDE);
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
DavidH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2009 at 9:56am
Thanks Oleg.

I had to change the approach a bit anyway, because when you have more than one minitoolbar, their PumpMessage loops bring all sorts of new trouble.

I now have just one minitoolbar with all the possible controls, and, depending on what it needs to do, I switch controls on and off by calling their SetVisible method.

It's still tricky enough, as I call the 'TrackMiniBar' method in my 'OnMouseMove' handler in the AppView. As each call to TrackMiniBar initiates its own PumpMessage loop, which starts to handle ON_WM_MOUSEMOVE messages, I should be very careful not to call TrackMiniBar again in the 'OnMouseMove' handler, as it would cause an infinite recursion.

Anyway, I still needed a way to make the minitoolbar invisible, and your tip seems to work fine so far.

David.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic