Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating a Tab Menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lheier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating a Tab Menu
    Posted: 11 January 2007 at 10:13am
I'm trying to create a Tab Menu similar to the one in WMP 11.  Does Codejock XTP have any controls like this?  Or does anyone know how do create this using MFC?

Tsenoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tsenoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2007 at 10:31am
It looks like a split button. But normally, the style of the split button with only caption and no icon is to have the drop-down button on the right side of the button, not on the bottom. You could use a trick, creating transparent icon 1x1 pixel in size. Then you can use button style xtpButtonIconAndCaptionBelow to make something like that button you posted.

I am not sure if this will work, but that is what I would try to do.

As for the colors, you can create your own style dll, with your own graphics.

Sincerely,

Bojan Hrnkas
lheier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lheier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:30am
I'm getting closer.  Using the (undocumented) xtpButtonIconAndCaptionBelow style on a xtpControlSplitButtonPopup control, I get this:

Unfortunately, the caption is on the wrong part of the button.  Its on the popup menu instead of the button.  Anyone know how to move it?
lheier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lheier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2007 at 11:12am

I created an issue with Codejock support asking if it was possible to move the caption.  Oleg responded saying they would add a flag in the next major release.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic