Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows7 Snap functionality missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows7 Snap functionality missing
    Posted: 24 September 2010 at 10:17am
We are running with V13 of toolkit pro. Our application is not Windows7 compliant with respect to "Snap" functionality. The frame does not respond when the user drags the app to the edge of the screen.

I built the ribbon sample and it fails to snap. I can build a simple Visual Studio MFC app and it has no problem snapping.

How do I get CodeJock to snap too? Is this fixed in V14?
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 11:13am
Another question. Does it react correctly when double-clicking top/bottom borders? Windows should maximize vertically when doing this.
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 4:09pm
I need to clarify this post. I can move the window near the top or to the left or right and get the app to snap correctly. What is not working is when the window is maximized, one cannot mouse down on the title area and pull the window out of the maximized state.

In fact, this is only an issue when using the command ribbon. Build the ribbon sample to see the issue. Build another sample, such as the docking pane one to see correct behavior.

I believe this is related to the ribbon window that actually overlays the real frame's non client/caption area.

znakeeye - our app maximizes when double clicking the top. When double clicking the bottom, the app doesn't actually maximize. Instead it retains its width and the height is maximized. The customer complaints coming into us so far are isolated to pulling the app out of the maximized state (mouse down and slight drag on the top of the frame does that for non-CJ apps).
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 4:26pm
What you're describing has been discussed in another thread already, and I'm quite sure it was fixed in 13.3.1.

I'm running 13.4.1 and it works both with frame theme enabled and disabled.
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2010 at 5:39pm
Thanks zan. We are too close to release to attempt an upgrade. Looks like we are on 13.0. We'll be moving to 14 soon.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2010 at 4:42am
Yep, fixed in 13.4.0:

"Fixed problem with Maximized Child frame on Windows 7"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic