Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

two ??- Change dates/refresh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: two ??- Change dates/refresh
    Posted: 07 January 2007 at 1:05pm
I want to be able to have my users click a toolbar button to move to the previous or next day.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Also, as the DB data is cached at the time of load, how can I 'refresh' since this will be used in a multi-user environment?

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:31pm
Hi,

1) There are no an easy way to scroll days in one method call. However, existing method also looks to be not really complex. Just read visible dates, scroll this range, and set visible dates back. See CalendarDayView members.

2) Use CalendarDataProvider.ClearCache and call .Populate to update the data.

--
WBR,
Serge
SteveB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 9:17pm

1) as a work around, I keep the currently displayed date in a global variable and then just use CalendarControl.ActiveView.ShowDay to display that date.

Is there a better way, as you mention to 'read visible dates'?

On a similar note, is there a way to read just the one days events? I am designing this for use in a physician's office with four practitioners. I've done some testing loading 10,000+ appointments without too much performance issues but can see a bit of a hesitation when using the above method to changes dates.

2) Works exactly as I had hoped!!!! THanks!!!

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2007 at 4:35am
Originally posted by SteveB SteveB wrote:

1) as a work around, I keep the currently displayed date in a global variable and then just use CalendarControl.ActiveView.ShowDay to display that date.

Is there a better way, as you mention to 'read visible dates'?

See properties:
CalendarControl.ActiveView.DaysCount
CalendarControl.ActiveView.Days(nDayIndex).Date  - is day date

Use nDayIndex = 0 or DaysCount -1 to scroll backward and forward.

Originally posted by SteveB SteveB wrote:

On a similar note, is there a way to read just the one days events? I am designing this for use in a physician's office with four practitioners. I've done some testing loading 10,000+ appointments without too much performance issues but can see a bit of a hesitation when using the above method to changes dates.

Use method DataProvider.RetrieveDayEvents

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic