Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Icons in report control records not displaying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark.allender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Icons in report control records not displaying
    Posted: 12 January 2009 at 12:53pm
Hello --

We have built a report control and would like to attach icons to the items in a particular column.  When we first populate the record, I can get an icon to show up.  I do something like this

item = new CXTPReportRecordItemText(CString(rname.c_str()));
   item->SetIconIndex(IDB_RESOURCE_BROWSER_FILE_PNG_16);
   this->m_report.addItemToRecord(record, column_num, item);

This works great, and the icon shows up just fine.  However, we occationally update some of the information in the row and we need to change the icon on the fly.  I have code that does this:

// code to set icon_index to the proper resource id
    testRecord->GetItem(0)->SetIconIndex(icon_index);
    ((CXTPReportRecordItemText*)(testRecord->GetItem(0)))->SetValue(CString(rname.c_str()));

The icon doesn't show up, and in fact, the original icon that was displayed no longer displays.  The second update is wrapped up between BeginUpdate() and EndUpdate() calls.  I thought about calling Populate(), but that crashed, although I suspect that is because we are calling this second update code through an onSelectionChanged event when the user clicks on a new report row.

Are we missing something fundamental about how report control record icons work?  Thanks for any help.

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (MFC) version 11.2.0
     Platform: Vista (64bit)
     Language: Visual Studio C++ 2005

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 3:06am

Where did you add the icon? The report control has its own image manager, so you have to add your report icons explicitly:

m_wndReport.GetImageManager()->SetIcons(...);

Alternatively, you can set the global image manager to be used in the report control (this is my preferred method):
XTPImageManager()->InternalAddRef();
m_wndReport.SetImageManager(XTPImageManager());
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic