Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing: Always show selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing: Always show selection
    Posted: 07 March 2008 at 1:29pm
It should be possible to, in a convenient way, set the report's paint manager to always draw the selected row as if it had focus. Similar to the LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS style!
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 6:18am
I vote for this too!
Will it be included in 12.0 release?
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
Michl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 9:36am
Why?
A blue selected line suggest that the control has the input focus...
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 9:39am
Because to be consistent with MS ListCtrl and MS TreeCtrl, also used in our applications...
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
inmaurik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inmaurik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2009 at 5:33am
It would be great if this could be in a next version. I have been looking in a way to implement it myself but then I have to overwrite all of the following functions because they call CXTPReportControl::HasFocus.

CXTPReportPaintManager::FillGroupRowMetrics
CXTPReportPaintManager::DrawGroupRow
CXTPReportPaintManager::DrawLink2
CXTPReportRow::Draw
CXTPReportRow::GetItemMetrics
CXTPReportRow::DrawFixed

Because my derived class of the PaintManager is not a friend of CXTPReportRow you get into problems because of access to protected members. Isn't it possible to make this kind of adjustment easier by making CXTPReportControl::HasFocus virtual or by using some other logic.

Maybe it is possible to extend IsRowFocusVisible and have the focused logic in this function. This function can then return TRUE when the control has the focus and the row focus should be shown. If every function mentioned above would use this function (instead of HasFocus) there is just one place to overwrite to show the focus always. Unfortunately this function is also not virtual.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (MFC) version 13.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64bit)
Language: C++ (Visual Studio 2008 SP1)
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:59pm
I've pointed out this bug before, and I also wrote a quite simple workaround for it:

Let me scream it out again: it's a bug!!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2009 at 10:32pm
There is a topic about architecture changes you are looking for. Write your post there please
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic