Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commandbar designer in VB IDE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commandbar designer in VB IDE
    Posted: 19 May 2004 at 9:51am

What are the method to realize the menu for my application?

The programming at runtime is so heavy.

The command bar designer is good, but i must put the xcb file in the package for distribuiting and I want avoid this.

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 10:01am
I'm not sure I understand your question..."What are the method to realize the menu for my application?".  Maybe you can take a look at the Customizable and Designer samples to see example using the xcb file.
skluc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skluc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 11:05am

Ok, my English is not good.

I try to explicate better

In Customizable and Designer samples the menus and toolbar are loaded from visio.xcb file.

With this tecnique, when I realize the distributable component or executable I must include in the package also the xcb files. This means that the menu are not encapsuleted in the component or executable.

The other solution is to code the instruction to build menu and toolbar without any graphic and intercative help like command bar designer

There is a similar solution?

Actually I use the Activebar control that has a designer attached to the control. I'm estimating the trial version of codejock component's for a upgrade to Office2003-like interface

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2004 at 11:14am
If you do not want to include the .xcb file with your application you will need to write your command bars via code.  I would suggest going throught the turorials for each sample program.  After going through the tutorials you shouldn't have any trouble coding your application.  If you get stuck, we are more than happy to help you out here in the forum.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 2:52pm
There is a new XML feature in version 9.60.  You can create your Command Bar in the Designer Studio and export this as an XML file.  You can add all of the XML code into a single string and have this hard coded into your application.  You can then use the LoadStateFromXMLString method to load the Command Bars.  See the help documentation for more details.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic