Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TreeView Drag and Drop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwieth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TreeView Drag and Drop
    Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:21pm
I have been working on a project using drag and drop with the AxTreeView control. In attempting this I have run into a couple of problems that I just can't figure out. Hopefully you can give me some advice.

1: I figured out how to initiate a drag event and can trigger the OLEStartDrag event handler. However once the handler completes its procedure, the event seems to just stop. There is no drag animation, the OLEDragDrop event doesn't trigger, nothing else happens. Am I doing this wrong?

2: I am attempting to drag objects from the AxReportControl onto the AxTreeView. This works up to the point where I run the TreeView.HitTest() method. I was expecting that the coordinates provided by the event parameter would indicate the correct node, but what I'm getting from the method seems to be off by a factor of 100. The help document indicates the the coordinates are affected by the ScaleTop, ScaleLeft, ScaleHeight, and ScaleWidth properties. However, I can find no reference to those in the MSDN help, nor the CodeJock symbol reference. Am I using the HitTest method wrong?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic