Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can i detect a column-resize?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can i detect a column-resize?
    Posted: 26 September 2007 at 2:43pm
Hi,

please, how can I recognize whether the user has resized a column with the resize-splitter?

I cannot detect any event that fires!?!

THX!
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 4:47am
Is there no way?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 6:31pm
Well, for MFC version there is a special event, which unfortunately is not yet published for ActiveX: called COLUMN WIDTH CHANGED.
It could be available for the next version however.

--
WBR,
Serge
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 6:34pm
THX!

Do U know any workaround to detect a column-width-change by the user?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 7:07pm
Try handling MouseDown event -- look for a regular sample application for an example. There you can detect whether a Column Header Area was clicked (this might be a resizing click).

--
WBR,
Serge
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 6:00am
Oh yesssssssss! That worX great! :-)
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 6:13am

Sorry, my last answer was too fast - and wrong!

With the MouseDown-Event i can only detect the actually column-width, not the new column-width(!!!). And the MouseUp-Event does not fires if the user hast column-sizing finished! ;-(

So i hope you can add the "COLUMN WIDTH CHANGED" Event to the next release! THANK YOU!!!
apuhjee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apuhjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 7:06pm
Can we please get this event in the ActiveX version?
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:18am
I have maked a workaround with a timer.
In the ColumnsAdd i store the width in the tag and every 100 ms, i check if the actual width is changed to the stored width.
It's working nice and easy.
Jebo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2007 at 8:27am
@Baldur
Okay, but U've always a heavy timer (for a little Feature) in Ur App!
I check the columnwidth on "Lost Focus". But both is only a workaround - so I will hope that the Codejock-guys have a heart for us and put this event to the next release! ;-)
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2007 at 2:43pm
I now use MouseDown and MouseUp-Event.

in MouseDown i store the active column (from hittest), in MouseUp i check for changed width's.
If no width is changed, i compare with the stored column, if the column is not changed, this is a single-column-click.

Heavy, but it works correct.

(I can't wait for the next version.)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic