Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Header/Footer Rows & Records

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fossil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Header/Footer Rows & Records
    Posted: 17 September 2007 at 12:31pm
Hi,

Thanks for the changes in 11.2.  Good Job!  Now that the report control has header/footer rows/records I was wondering if there was a way to access all the rows/records at once.  Seems that each of the three sections have to be dealt with on their own.  For example, Me.ReportControl.Records.DeleteAll only deletes the records in the body and leaves header records there.   Seems that the Rows/Records collections should deal with all sections and if you want to deal with just header/footer rows/records you could use the HeaderRows/HeaderRecords, FooterRows/FooterRecords collections.  If I was to do a findrow I would have to search all three sections on their own which seems cumbersome.

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I see a strong use for header rows if I can avoid changing all my report control code to deal with section by section unless desired.

ps.  Also, I noticed that the filter text doesn't work with header rows.
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 5:11pm
Hi,

The main idea is that both header and footer rows are not a "content" of the Report. They are just a kind of "complex top/bottom lines". That's why those records collections are completely different.

And this is also a reason of why filter works only with "content" rows.

Actually, I don't see a big problem to add calls to header/footer rows where necessary. Also, I'm not sure whether this would be a proper way to use a collection of all of them in once. Probably, if you describe your task in more details, there might be a different solution.

--
WBR,
Serge
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic