Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to detect Column Click?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmcelroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to detect Column Click?
    Posted: 27 January 2007 at 12:35pm
The wndReportControl_ColumnClick event appears to only work with the right mouse button is clicked. Is there a way to detect when the Left mouse buttone is clicked? If I am right, the event should be renamed wndReportControl_ColumnRClick to avoid confusion. If I am wrong, my appoligies.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 1:17pm
If you read the description for the ColumnClick Event in the documentation it states:

Occurs when a ReportColumn header is right-clicked in the ReportControl.

Parameters
Column
The ReportColumn that was right-clicked

So I would bet you can't detect the left click from this event. Granted some of the name conventions might not be really specific, ambiguous, or real clear until you read about the event. Possibly why it's not  ColumnRClick is that down the road they might expand the functionality of the event. Plus I really don't to go through 80k lines of code to find all my ColumnClick events need to be changed.

davidmcelroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmcelroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 8:00am
OK. So is there a way to detect when a column is "left" clicked?
LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 9:57am
The left click in the Report Control is pretty much locked up with the changing of sorting and selecting a row or column inside of a row to edit.

You can test for a left click by using the mouse up on the left button and report back the x,y coordinates of the report control to determine which column you are on.

May I ask what are you trying to accomplish?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmcelroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 10:11am
I am trying to perform a sort by hand since the sorting wihtint a treeview isn't working. If I can detect that the user has clicked a column header with the left mouse button, I can then sort the records by hand.
LittleJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 11:12am
I'm not sure if it's possible to pull that one off. We had a similar issue with trying to create a tree and sorting. Even though the records are connected, the columns sort on the parent not it's content.

Possibly look into setting up a SortOrderChanged Event or SortPriority property.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidmcelroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2007 at 11:43am
I will do that. Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic