Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enhancement to MRU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enhancement to MRU
    Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:24am
Recent File List
    I am moving from another MRU component that had Key, Caption, Icon, and Value properties that I could set. In my case, I need to display to the user a friendly path, but keep the full path plus some server related info (i.e. xyz;myserver:3312;blah\blah\blah.bla) as we're dealing with items not just directly on the file system or UNC. Issue #25084

I find that RecentFileList is EXTREMELY limited. Can you please add support for:
      • Caption (what is displayed to user)
      • Icon (ability to set/change the icon shown)
      • Key (a unique key that can be searched on)
      • Value (not shown to user but allows to store info like my example above so I can retrieve the item from the location: xyz;myserver:3312;blah\blah\blah.bla)
    Can you please confirm if you will be adding support for this? And if yes, which point update it can be expected? Perhaps 15.0.3?
    Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 1:03pm
    Oleg,

I would like to request the following features to be added to the MRU. Can you please comment? If it will be added, can you please share when (i.e. 15.0.3 / 15.0.4 / 15.1?) or if will not be added elaborate on reason why not?

Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

Recent File List
      I am moving from another MRU component that had Key, Caption, Icon, and Value properties that I could set. In my case, I need to display to the user a friendly path, but keep the full path plus some server related info (i.e. xyz;myserver:3312;blah\blah\blah.bla) as we're dealing with items not just directly on the file system or UNC. Issue #25084

I find that RecentFileList is EXTREMELY limited. Can you please add support for:
        • Value (not shown to user but allows to store info like my example above so I can retrieve the item from the location: xyz;myserver:3312;blah\blah\blah.bla)
      Can you please confirm if you will be adding support for this? And if yes, which point update it can be expected? Perhaps 15.0.3?

Peter59 View Drop Down
      Groupie
      Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2011 at 2:31am
      And don't forget to expose a status of each entry like Pinned/Unpinned and a method for Pinning/Unpinning.

And of course a "Tag" Property is always helpfull.

Peter

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
      Platform: Windows 7 64 Bit
      sforces View Drop Down
      Groupie
      Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2011 at 2:11pm
      Oleg,

Can you please comment on this feature request and timeline?

Oleg,

I would like to request the following features to be added to the MRU. Can you please comment? If it will be added, can you please share when (i.e. 15.0.3 / 15.0.4 / 15.1?) or if will not be added elaborate on reason why not?

Recent File List

sforces View Drop Down
        Groupie
        Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:27pm
        Oleg / Codejock team,

Can you please comment on adding these requested features and Peter59's about Pinned/Unpinned. I really want to use this control but can't in its current state.

Oleg,

Can you please comment on this feature request and timeline?

Oleg,

Recent File List

Oleg View Drop Down
          Admin Group
          Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 5:21am
          Hi,

Its added for next release. Please open issue I will attach ActiveX to test it if you like.
          Oleg, Support Team
          CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
          sforces View Drop Down
          Groupie
          Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2011 at 11:37am
          Hi Oleg,

This is amazing news!! I opened issue with this previously under Issue #25084. Can that be used or should I open a new one?

And thank you!!! I look forward to trying it out and finally replacing my old control with CJ's.

Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Its added for next release. Please open issue I will attach ActiveX to test it if you like.

Post Reply Post Reply
            Share Topic