Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Filter Text Question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filter Text Question?
    Posted: 20 November 2006 at 5:19pm
Hi, we are using a filter text on one of our report controls and realized that it doesn't properly filter rows when a column is grouped.  It will filter everything except the grouped row. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks
joeliner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 10:41am
Hi, for me its workin just fine both for grouped and ungrouped. Possibly check the version ur using.

While stil on the filter, can we have a filter scenario of two distinct search strings: what i mean is

If i want to search for the two words "good boy", it will return the results of what gives "good" and "boy" are TRUE. Can we have it give a result of "good" or "Boy" is TRUE so that you get a list of items that either have "good" or "boy" on the list.
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:24am
Hello

Thats an old wish of mine. What we need is a property to choose a separator character like ; to enter a search word list.

Thanks
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2006 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Fabian Fabian wrote:

Thats an old wish of mine. What we need is a property to choose a separator character like ; to enter a search word list.

Who said that you don't already have one?

Just try to use space or a tab character as a separator...

--
WBR,
Serge
joeliner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 5:43am
Hi,
that might work fine but it does not return for 'OR' occurrences. Could this be an additional feature for future versions?
sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 7:30am
Agree, it currently doesn't work for 'OR'
Yes, this could be a feature to be added for future.

--
WBR,
Serge
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 9:07am
Hello Serge

Good to know. Now I can exchange all ; by vbTab - and that works

Thanks
Fabian
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
joeliner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joeliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2006 at 9:18am
Just on addition, (might be a great feature to add), with the PopulateRecordCount property that counts the number of filtered rows, can we have similar for getting the PopulatedRecordSum, forexample or populatedrecordAverage properties? 

Would save me agreat deal of functions calls.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic