Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tabs - Child controls not rendering transparent
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tabs - Child controls not rendering transparent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkn55555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tabs - Child controls not rendering transparent
    Posted: 01 February 2010 at 11:37am
CodeJock 13.0 - Windows 7

I have two applications, both written in VB6 both using the tab control with the same settings. However one application will not render the child controls of the tabcontrolpage transparent while the other does under Windows 7.

I have the tab controls set to Appearance = 10 - xtpTabAppearancePropertyPage2007 with Color 32 - xtpTabColorOffice2007.

I have checked and rechecked the settings but can''t get it to work. Both will paint correctly under XP but only one will work under Windows 7. Any ideas how to fix appreciated.

In my attached screenshot you''ll see two applications side by side with matching program setting displays open - one rendering correctly, one not.

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2010 at 3:19pm
Any color scheme will work as far as the transparency goes.

Check and see to make sure that the group box that isn't transparent is actually "Inside" the tab control page instead of lying above it.

Also make sure that the transparent property of that group box is set to True as well.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
dkn55555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkn55555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 3:13pm
Hi, thanks for the response.

I have tried as you suggested previously. I created new groupboxes on the tabcontrolpage and those also had the same issue. Creating new tab controls and tab control pages on a completely different form resulted with the same result. It seems that this application as a whole won't render the controls transparent under Win 7 but they look great under Win XP AND Vista.

Its also not just groupboxes. I have sub tab controls on other tab pages set to render as XP and they render with the default form colour as well and the tabs themselves don't pick up the skinframework colouring as they do in my other app (both apps use the skinframework with a matching skin file and matching settings). Checkboxes - same result, not rendering transparent.

Hence the mystery.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 12:45pm
Could you upload a sample of this project so I can take a look at it?
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
dkn55555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkn55555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 11:35am
Hi sorry for the late response, got pulled in twenty directions at once... I appreciate your suggestions.

Its not feasible to upload the code unfortunately as the app is 100k lines+ and has tons of third party components. But as mentioned this seems to affect the entire application not just this one form. So any form that is using the tab control and tab control page exhibit this behaviour on Windows 7 (for this application).

If you had any more ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic