Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Access Violation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Access Violation
    Posted: 02 May 2010 at 5:07am
I am using version 12.0.2 of controls using VB6, and all works fine when I create an exe and run this on my development PC, however after installing the project on another PC (XP in this case) the program exits before it's fully loaded.
When investigating using "Depends.exe" tool shows - "(Access Violation) occurred in CodeJock.controls.v12.0.2.ocx" before quiting.
I'm using InstallShield, do I need to include any other CodeJock files other than the OCX?
Please help - I am desperate to get this fixed ASAP as I have an exhibition next week!

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:00am
Codejock uses additionally MFC42.DLL and MSVCRT.DLL.
Use for the Installer the Codejock\Bin\MergeModule-Path.
The msm's contains normally dependencies to this dll's.
You can also add this dll's manually.
John Barrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:42am
Thanks for that but unfortunately I don't have the MergeModule-Path folder as I lost everything with a failed disc drive, although I had the ocx and lic files backed up, but not the original download at the time of purchase.
The files I have on the development PC and client PC have the same files:
MFC42.DLL 14/04/2008 6.2.4131.0
MSVCRT.DLL 14/04/2008 7.0.2600.5512
Are these files current or is it possible to get a copy of the merge files?
This is a very strange situation as combinations of some controls work fine on the client PC, then adding a Rich Text Box (Microsoft's control) - it crashes reporting the error in Codejock control.
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:26am
I don't know, what files are additionally needed.
But you can use the TaskManager from Sysinternals to explore all loaded Dll's to check, if one is missing on the destination location.

You can also check it with creation a setup-project with VB6-IDE to find the missing Dll's.
John Barrow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 12:47pm
As I lost all my Codejock files except licence file and ocx's, I wondered if it was possible to download them.
My order was in Oct 2008. Version 12.0.2.
Can someone help me with this?
Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:02am
I think you ask Codejock-Support for a new Download.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic