Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Execute Event in Ribbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahennig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Execute Event in Ribbon
    Posted: 15 September 2011 at 8:22am
Hello,

I have a really strange problem with the commandbars-component of CodeJock.

I generate a Ribbon with severall tabs, groups and buttons. I implemented the execute event in the form, but for some reason the execute event gets never raised - neither when I change tabs nor when I click a button in the Ribbon. The resize event for example get's raised correct.

I have tried to fix this for hours now...but couldn't find a solution.

Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be? Your my last hope :/

best regards
Andreas
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 2:16pm
What version of the Suite? What programming language? Do you have a small sample that reproduces the problem that others can test?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 2:43pm
Show code you use in Execute event.
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
ahennig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahennig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 4:12pm
oh sorry...I forgot those important information...

I use the newest version of the suite - I think it's 15.1.3.

I use visual basic 6. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the behavior on an demo project. If I create a simple demo project, the execute event get's fired as expected.

The code I use in the event it at moment just:
Debug.Print "Execute!"

I only have the problem with the application we're developing. It's an MDI-application with some docked windows on the main form. I have to expend this application with a ribbon.

Thanks!

best regards
Andreas
ahennig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahennig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 3:06am
ok...I finally solved the problem.

The application uses a component of a 3rd company for extended MDI function called OTX docking forms. There for the main window get's a pseudo control (called MDIFormX). When this control is placed on the form, it blocks the click events of the CodeJock Ribbon for some reason. It seems that we have to remove the OTX docking forms and disclaim of it's functionality.

Thanks anyway Guys!

best regards
Andreas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic