Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommandBars stealing WM_DDE_INITIATE msg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommandBars stealing WM_DDE_INITIATE msg
    Posted: 23 August 2005 at 4:42pm

Hello

After researching a problem with my app, I have found that the CommandBars control steals any WM_DDE_INITIATE messages that should be received by my application. I'm not sure whether this also applies to other DDE messages.

This problem can be demonstrated by adding a handler for WM_DDE_INITIATE into CMainFrame of the WTLSample. If you then double-click on any document file in Explorer, the application should receive this message and go into the handler. However, it never seems to get into the handler. If the CommandBars control is removed from the application, it all works as expected and enters the handler. Therefore I can only assume that CommandBars is stealing the message and not passing it on to the application.

This message is vital for my app, as it is the only way to ensure that document files associated with the app open in any currently running instance rather than starting up a new instance.

Is there any fix or workaround for this?

Thanks
Mark

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic