Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XP style check box?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th.sedlaczek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XP style check box?
    Posted: 20 October 2004 at 8:15am

Hi all,

I have Xtreme toolkit standard and want to make the controls in my CXTResizeDialog appear in XP style. I have changed the button styles like it is shown in the Button example and it worked fine. But I could find the price of code which turns the check boxes, radio buttons and group boxes to XP style. How can I do this???

Best regards,

Thomas

xred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 9:59am

,well, I think you should draw this by yourself, some Xtreme toolkit's classes have virtual functions, you can use them!  there is no crosscut!

However you can visite http://www.codeguru.com , there are a lot of examples about how to draw windows control!

Hope this help!

Edited by xred
th.sedlaczek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th.sedlaczek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 10:17am

Hi Xred,

I think there must be an easier way, because if you run the Button example the checkboxes and radio buttons appearing in XP sytle.  I just can not find the pice of code that let this happed.

Regards,

Thomas

Ark42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ark42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:09pm

This isn't another thread about XP manifests again is it?

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amicrosoft.com+XP+manif est

Edited by Ark42
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:14pm
I agree, this sounds like a manifest problem  Take a look at this post 
xred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 5:21am

I agree with SuperMario!

You can add a manifest file to your application, but it only works with Windows XP or +!In fact if

you add a manifest file to your VC6.0 or VC.net ,your IDE may be nicer than before!

Here is about how to add a manifest file!, https://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1214& KW=manifest+

If you want your application has windows xp style in Windows2000 or 9x,you  should draw this

by yourself!

Here is an example about checkbox:

screen shot:

code:

2004-10-21_051614_XPcheckbox.rar

Here is an example about button:

screen shot:

code:

2004-10-21_051914_Button.rar

CXPStyleButtonST v1.0

screen shot:

code:

2004-10-21_053313_cxpstylebuttonST.rar

By the way, they are not the best!There may be some bugs!

Edited by xred
th.sedlaczek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote th.sedlaczek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 6:02am

Hello Xred,

thank you for your samples.  Yes as far as I have red it is an manifest issue. The only problem I have is that my test application was allready created with common control manifest and this look like all the samples I have seen. So I dont know where the actual problem is. Maybe it is somehow dependent on my system configuration? I will try to solve the problem to night, at the moment I have to do some other work.

Have a nice day and thank you agian for you help!

Greeting from rainy south Wales

Thomas

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic