Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refresh Event Subject Property

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reinaldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refresh Event Subject Property
    Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:41pm
Hi.

I'm using a "custom" dataprovider with extreme calendar control.  After creating a new event event or editing an existing event I trap the operation (using EventChangedEx or EventAddedEx triggered event).  After saving to disk, I call a custom form where the user may input other event details.  

One of the fields on the form is the event Subject line itself.  After it is modified by the user on the custom form, I can't seem to make the subject line change on the actual calendar control -on screen (other than restarting the app).

Sort of like this:
Event.subject = "New Subject Line"

I'm thinking there must be a .refresh() method or something to force changes to the subject line to display on the calendar.

Can some one help?

Reinaldo.
dindo.lales View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dindo.lales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:59pm
Try to get the edited event, assign the new values, then call ChangeEvent() method.

'Get a pointer to the edited event
lo_Event = Calendar.DataProvider.GetEvent(<EditedEventId>)

'Assign the new values. You can also assign other properties not just the Subject
lo_Event.Subject = "New Subject Line"

'Show new values
Calendar.DataProvider.ChangeEvent(lo_Event)

That's the method I'm using with my extreme calendar which uses a custom dataprovider. Please note that since you are using a custom dataprovider, any changes you make in your own database should be reflected back manually to the calendar (there's no Refresh() method where the calendar gets the new values for you).

I hope this helps.
Product: Xtreme Calendar (ActiveX) version 13.4.0
Platform: Windows 7 Professional (32bit)
Language: Powerbuilder 11.5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic