Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MsgBox interaction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MsgBox interaction
    Posted: 16 April 2010 at 9:02am
Has anyone else found an interaction between a MsgBox and the CJ Popup control?

When I startup my app, I first show a SplashScreen, and I recently changed this to use the CJ Popup control so I could get a nice transparent effect.

As the software starts up, I display a MsgBox to inform  the user of something.

Since changing to use of the Popup control, I find that when the Popup control closes automatically after the set time, the MsgBox also gets closed!!
So it looks like the Popup control is closing the MsgBox.

Before I investigate further, I am just asking if this is a known effect????

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 5:51am
Several weeks later -- no comments. I guess I am the only one to have noticed this "interaction".

To work around it I now just do not use MsgBox when CJ Popup Control is used.

If Cj programmers do not know about this "feature" then maybe something is not working as it should.
Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 12:17pm
Hi Chris,

Did you try replacing VB Messagebox with CodeJock TaskDialog?

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 1:08pm
Yes, tried that, same result.

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 1:14am
Hi Chris,

I don't know what the MessageBox is for but if you show it in StateChanged event, the MsgBox has to be closed before PopupControl processes anything else. So Msgbox will stay on top as long as user doesn't close it.

Private Sub wndPopupControl_StateChanged()
        If wndPopupControl.state = xtpPopupStateShow Then
            MsgBox "wndPopupControl_StateChanged"
        End If
End Sub

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2010 at 5:11am
Thanks for the comment Aaron.

Just to be clear, I display a message box (or task dialog -- same result) and while this is displayed another process finishes and displays a Popup control. The Popup control appears and the messagebox disappears. The messagebox is not hidden -- it has been closed as if the user had pressed a button.

I worked around this by not using the Popup control at this point.  So I am just mentioning this interaction in case CJ was not aware of it.

Zero replies is not an option.......   (except in the Calendar Topic :-)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic