Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tab and Group persistence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tab and Group persistence
    Posted: 13 October 2009 at 10:26am
I am subclassing various controls like buttons and popups so I can rebind them back to various servers. I subclass them so I can write out (during prop exchange calls) additional information regarding the server (e.g., the CLSID of the server). Works fine and allows me to bind back the controls or remove them if the server(s) are no longer available.

The servers can create their own tabs and/or groups too. But when I get to the ribbon bar tab and the ribbon bar group objects, I have hit a wall because of two issues.

The AddTab and AddGroup methods give me no way to create my own subclassed tab and group objects (no overrides of AddTab/AddGroup like Group::Add( pControl,...) and the methods directly allocate CJ classes).

The tab and group objects have virtual methods, the important one for me being DoPropExchange.

But the AddTab (on the ribbon class) and AddGroup (on the tab class) methods are not virtual.

Is there some other methodology I am missing that allows me to subclass the tab and group so I can override DoPropExchange?

I disdain having to create my own ribbon subclass to add my own methods and start copy&pasting the CJ code so I can bypass the hard-coded allocations of the CJ tab and group objects so I am looking for a more extensible and robust method of getting the additional data I need persisted when saving our ribbon layouts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic