Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TabControl Color = xpTabColorOffice2007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TabControl Color = xpTabColorOffice2007
    Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:35am

Hi,

I'm using v13.0.0 controls. I have an app using the RibbonBar in conjuction with the ReportControl & TabControl.

When the Color property of the TabControl is set to (32 = xpTabColorOffice2007) - the tab matches the Ribbonbars blue theme nicely - however, if I select a different style for the Ribbon bar (Black/Auqa/Silver) the tabcontrol retains a blue theme. How can I make the tabcontrol use the same colour theme as the ribbon?

I can make the ReportControl follow the Ribbon Theme, but have had no luck with the tab control. Is it possible?

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:39pm
Have you tried setting the office 2007 images path of global settings for the suite controls? Example:

SuiteControlsGlobalSettings.Office2007Images = App.Path & "\Office2007Black.dll"

(Assuming the office 2007 dll is in your application path).

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

RobinG View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 4:53am
jbpro - you are a star!

Your suggestions was indeed the soloution - however, I did also need to make the TabControl refresh/redraw after updating the global settings as you indicicated. The only was I could find of doing this was to reset the .Colour property to the same value, so the basically added:

SuiteControlsGlobalSettings.Office2007Images = App.Path & "\Office2007Black.dll"
TabControl1.Color = xtpTabColorOffice2007

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:08am
Glad to help, and thanks for the additional information about how you got it working...it could come in handy.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

greymann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greymann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:25am
I am looking at a similar problem with tab coloring.  In my case I am changing the SkinFramework.  After reading this thread I found that applying the dll helped here too even though I might not be using a 2007 skin.  However, there are some skins such as the Luna Homestead that don't go very well with any of the available dll's.  Since I am a newbee with codejock, my questions in order are am I missing something, are there other dll's available somewhere other than the four in the samples, or is there somewhere a description of the dll structure so the user can create their own?

Thanks for your help.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic