Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving Schedules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving Schedules
    Posted: 12 November 2006 at 3:09pm

I’m evaluating the CalendarPro ActiveX for inclusion in a MS Access .mde that will include group scheduling and have a couple of questions.

What are the know limitation of the control in this environment. (I have noticed a few properties and such missing when using the control in this environment compared to VB6.)

My needs include the use of multiple schedules, in a specific order, with new schedules being included, with others getting removed on a fairly regular basis. (Employment variables). The schedule ID’s seemed to be linked to the schedules position on the schedule.

How can I keep the scheduleID synchronized with the event table and still accomplish the above?

Thank You

sserge View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sserge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 8:45am
Originally posted by rgracie rgracie wrote:

I’m evaluating the CalendarPro ActiveX for inclusion in a MS Access .mde that will include group scheduling and have a couple of questions.

What are the know limitation of the control in this environment. (I have noticed a few properties and such missing when using the control in this environment compared to VB6.)

There is a corresponding sample available: AccessSample.mdb

Originally posted by rgracie rgracie wrote:

My needs include the use of multiple schedules, in a specific order, with new schedules being included, with others getting removed on a fairly regular basis. (Employment variables). The schedule ID’s seemed to be linked to the schedules position on the schedule.

How can I keep the scheduleID synchronized with the event table and still accomplish the above?

Not clear what exactly do you mean... Look at regular VB CalendarSample and try to play with Schedules configuration (in a corresponding dialog).

Hope that would help.

--
WBR,
Serge
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 10:28am

Let me see if I can explain this better,

Starting from scratch…. All tables are empty..

Say you have 6 resources, (and 6 schedules). The control creates a entry for each schedule in the “Schedule Table”. This table appears to have the Key (ScheduleID) for each schedule, and is created via an auto number, so the ScheduleID can’t be some arbitrary number, like an employee number, and thus can’t be changed.

The ScheduleID is created in the order the schedules where entered. 1,2,3,4,5,6, ect

Double click on 8:00a cell for schedule 1 (which is the first schedule listed (left)) add event via the controls user interface.

Now if I change the sort order when I load the resources/schedules, so schedule ID 1 is now in the middle 4th position, The data from the event table still loads the data to the schedule in the 1st position.

I’m sure I’m doing something wrong, but just can’t figure it out.

Thanks For Your Help….

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic