Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some control crashes IDE sometimes (TabControl?)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some control crashes IDE sometimes (TabControl?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some control crashes IDE sometimes (TabControl?)
    Posted: 24 March 2010 at 7:07pm
hi codejock team,

i noticed that when using the Xtreme Suite Controls (under vb6), it happens very often that the IDE crashes totally on errors.
it's the same behaviour as when using subclassing under vb6 and hitting the stop button - the IDE just crashes.
it happens both under XP and Win7.

i've tried to figure out if it's a certain control and it seems that it's the TabControl.
all i can tell is that when omitting the TabControl (and using some of the others from the suite), the IDE seems stable.

did u already experience this problem?

then i got a different issue: i noticed that loading projects which use the Suite Controls take really long - what could it be?
would it be possible to provide all suite controls separately? i'd really appreciate this.

thanks,
fuxi

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 7:59pm
I've noticed some weird errors when using the TabControl on a UserControl myself, but I haven't seen a pattern or found anything reproducible. Have you noticed any patterns? Do you have a sample project that is killing the IDE (when does the IDE die, when the program ends)?

Thanks - I'll keep trying to find something reproducible, and post back here.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

fuxi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 8:26pm
hi,

now that you mentioned it - i'm using the TabControl within a Usercontrol - maybe that's the reason.
unfortunately i can't tell when it happens/what is causing crashes, but i'll keep an eye on it and let you know.

thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic